Thread: Winter projects?

Winter projects?

Today will be the last day this year that I drive the fb, so I have been sitting here thinking of all the things I need to tear into while it is garaged and the white stuff is flying outside.. I'll be replacing wheel bearings and ball joints, installing poly bushings, hopefully installing my kaaz 1.5 way lsd, and patiently saving my lunch money for a new set of Hayashi Streets. Who else has big plans for their J-tin as winter offers some downtime? I used to hate that the weather and salt on the roads around here almost forces me to put my tin away, but now I'm starting to appreciate the time it allows for catching up on maintenance and upgrades. Also, it is nice to drive a fuel injected vehicle with a face-melting heater when its 12 degrees and windy..

Re: Winter projects?

I'm going to be doing some basic maintenance and tidying up the paintwork on the FC, and collecting parts for a full resto on my SA.

My JNCs seem to have lapsed into reliability so... This:

Old picture of the car, but it hasn't changed looks wise in a while... I'm actually fairly certain that they left the factory with just as many dents, faults, and paint chips :lol: The whole car actually may have been a designated fault.

But, I now have fuel pressure and ignition, every electrical component in the car works (!), and it'll start and run if I give it some throttle whilst turning the key, so it may only be an AFM adjustment away from running properly... Though I now may have detected head problems :? Luckily, thing has the same L-Jet system as the 280z and Z31, so that makes things more intuitive for me.

Once that's sorted, it'll be on to the brakes and clutch

I was going to use winter time to replace a section of my zeds frame rail and pass floor...however there is an event on new years day...so thats getting pushed back to winter/spring.. :mrgreen:

My plan is to finish my door panels and gather parts to remove my brake booster and replace the master cylinder. May also replace the gaskets and crap on my rear end, or replace the rear end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund
    My JNCs seem to have lapsed into reliability so... This:

Old picture of the car, but it hasn't changed looks wise in a while... I'm actually fairly certain that they left the factory with just as many dents, faults, and paint chips :lol: The whole car actually may have been a designated fault.

But, I now have fuel pressure and ignition, every electrical component in the car works (!), and it'll start and run if I give it some throttle whilst turning the key, so it may only be an AFM adjustment away from running properly... Though I now may have detected head problems :? Luckily, thing has the same L-Jet system as the 280z and Z31, so that makes things more intuitive for me.

Once that's sorted, it'll be on to the brakes and clutch
    Oh man, you are a glutton for punishment aren't you. :wink: Good luck with that.

I've got a few things planned for my roadster, fixing the bent shift fork so I can have 1-2 gears back, replacing the axles with some new chromolly ones (a much needed upgrade there, broken axles suck.) I'll also be replacing a couple of side bearings in the rear diff so it will quit howling like its got straight cut gears. There are a few other issues that I'll be addressing while I'm in there as well.

Will

The convertible TR7s were much better built than the earlier coupes. If yours has fuel injection then it is one of last built at the Rover plant. Best quality. I quite like TR7s myself but never owned one. Did own a Spitfire for a while - great fun.

I bought a little Nissan Micra as my winter beater. It needs a little love but fun car.

This is my winter project!
    A 1JZGTE RA64