Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help a brother out.

Help a brother out.

Ok, im not a happy camper atm. After finally finishing my brake conversion i found out my wheels dont fit. See below. No, camber will not fix the issue as i also tried the wheels on the rear and they didnt fit. Ignore the tyre in the photo, i tried them with 205/40's and they still stuck out of the gaurds by 15mm [bit over half inch in your measurements].

I need an email and/or info in regards to Panasports or Konig [the watanabe/panasport looking ones]. Need to know the following -

- Who i can speak to in regards to a price
    - If they are availible blank for redrilling in a different PCD
    - What size/width they are availible in
    - What offsets they are availible in

Thanks.

Since you're in Australia, try these two places?
    Or go to the Konig Website
    The ones you're looking for are called Konig Rewinds.
    As for Panasport, they are usually custom order and have various sizes, but you'll pay a lot more than Konigs. Good luck

KONIG WHEELS DEALER
    Hoxton Park, Australia
    Phn 612-982-50355
    Fax 612-982-50322
    Email sales@ozzytyres.com.au

KONIG (Australia)
    1044 Canley Vale Road
    Wetherill Park NSW 2164
    Australia
    011 61.2.9756.6688 or 011 61.2.8787.9292

how about adding some flares on the fenders??...

Quote Originally Posted by roosterfella46
    +1 :roll:

How much material is on the backside of the mounting face? You can take them to a machine shop and have them milled down if you have enough material to safely do it. We've done that with some Drag wheels over here on a KE15 sprinter. Worked out perfectly.

1. Gaurds are already rolled and pumped
    2. Flares arent availible for Geminis
    3. They look ugly on Geminis
    4. I spent 5500 on paint and panel. Im not cutting into the car and fucking it up.

How much material is on the backside of the mounting face? You can take them to a machine shop and have them milled down if you have enough material to safely do it. We've done that with some Drag wheels over here on a KE15 sprinter. Worked out perfectly.
    Thought about it already Pertano. There isnt much meat in the backside, being a 3piece wheel they [the centers] are all the same. I could possibly replace the outter section of the wheel, however at 350 per outter [yes, 350 x 4] its not worth it. Plus having to buy the special Simmons socket [another 150 down the drain]. Easier just to buy wheels that fit.

those are some pretty mocho tires on there... are you running those same rims? earlier you said you were running a different tire?

you could get those rims to clear fairly easy with some skinnier tires. I do it with 240's all the time where full articulation of the camber adjusters is needed. Just need to do a pretty sever fender roll which will most likley chip the paint. otherwise all your options have been tossed at you. Its up to you to figure which one is the best choice.

Tyres in the photo are 235/40's, way too big. I put a 205/40 on one of the wheels to try it out, ended up trying it on a friends Gemini which has the same brake/suspension setup as mine and they dont fit. While the front wheel fits under the gaurd you cant turn.

Although camber adjustment is possible via aftermarket slotted top balljoints, it still isnt enough. Still wont stop the rim from grabbing on the bottom edge of the gaurd, and still wont change the fact the wheel sticks out particularly at the rear.

Considering the car will be making well over 250rwkw on street fuel [335rwhpw], and it only weighs 900kg, handling, safety, and engineering requirements outweigh making the wheels fit.

What are you running for camber (and don't cus, I read your post, lol). I know you dont think camber will fix it, but if it only stuck out about 15mm with proper tires, negative about 2-3 degrees should help loads. Wheels on my cressida stuck out about 1", -4 degrees and my wheel wells eat em right up.

Dont take anything i say as personal dude - shit mood plus dealing with a relationship break up is making me pretty agro.

Its already running about -2deg from the reversed balljoints - the sticking out outside the gaurd is with that camber.

Running camber my fix the front but it wont help the back being solid axle. Itll sit the wheel right on the arch.