Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snagged another one today...

Snagged another one today...

Yup, added another car to the stable, much to my wife's chargin. Most likely, I will part out my MkII Supra as I was having problems getting a title for it anyways. Plus, I can use some of the parts for this car. I was supposed to go get her tomorrow, but the owner surprised me and dropped her off at my work today. I was terribly excited, but at least waited until they left out of respect. The owners were both kind of down about having to let her go, but they don't know my plan for her. So without further ado, here she is...

Interior is in great shape. The dash does have one crack right next to the cluster. I have a couple of crack free dashes, if I can figure out how to dye them the right color.

Engine bay is super clean.

Of course the most unbelieveable part is the odometer...

Re: Snagged another one today...

Okay, here is why I got her. I have worked on the car in the past and helped source parts for the owner. The timing chain has once again worn through the cover and into the water pump passage. They thought about fixing her, but didn't see the worth in it. They didn't feel that they could in good conscience sell the car knowing there was something wrong with it. They know my love for the celicas and Toyotas in general and felt that I would give her the repsect that she deserves. I plan to do a double row timing chain swap on it(have the parts laying around) and then bring it back to them. Their biggest disappointment with getting rid of the car is not getting to drive it over 300K. I figure that I will return it to them and tell them that I will take custody of the car once she is over 300K. I feel it is the only right thing to do.

I'm jealous! Good luck with her!

Ordered all the parts to fix the timing chain. I am most likely going to do the HG at the sametime. You can do the timing chain without the HG, but it will be easier to do it and the HG at the same time. Should have it done by the weekend hopefully.

Nice. I love me some MK2.

Wow, didn't realize it has been this long with no updates Did the timing chain and then got her back to the original owners with 5 miles or so to spare. Picked her up the next day with 300,002 miles on the clock. She now has 303K on her and only climbing. Thinking that I am gonna drive her home to Baltimore(1500 miles or so round trip) over the holidays Been doing a little freshening up on her as well. Now have a MkII supra seat in the driver's side. P-types on the rear. About to do the front strut inserts and rear control arm bushings. New hood and new bumper skins to fix the previous owners mishaps.

ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: i love the celica mk2!!

that`s my dream car!!!

congrats for the purchase!!! :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ops: ops:

Thanks, but that was the best part, there was no purchase. It was just a 'come get it and take care of her' kind of deal. I will snap some crappy cell phone pics today of how she sits today. I did score this at the junkyard the other day...

Works great, just have to get a decent amp and speakers to go with it. 10 buck out the door!!!

Okay, crappy cell phone pics taken and uploaded. New straight hood. So now the hood latch actually works. The previous owner's son had been 'backed into' ripping the bumper and bending the hood. Lucked out and just stuck the hood on and bingo! it was in the right place and everything lined up great.

Ripped bumper. I do have a new good white bumper cover just haven't put it on yet.

Stickers, cause they add horsepower along with the JDM Tite Air Freshener!

Yes John, these are stuck on the glass and not taped to the inside :wink:

Next up is some suspension work. Already running cut springs up front, but with blown struts, it bounces like a lowrider in a rap video. I have new inserts waiting to go in and new bushings for the rear control arms waiting as well. Luckily, I have an extra set of control arms laying around, so it will be a quick job to pull out the old arms and bolt in the new ones with good bushings. New rear camaro shocks are waiting along with some shorter springs.

Gotta get to the JY and grab a GM alternator for the swap and a few other small parts and we should be good to go for the long trip over the holidays. Oh yeah, also need a new muffler as the old one is falling apart. I haven't decided on what to get for that. May just do up some boso pipes for fun!

Quote Originally Posted by OkieRA29
    Yes John, these are stuck on the glass and not taped to the inside

:lol: :lol: :lol: