Thread: lowering a 1300 / r100

lowering a 1300 / r100

hi,

i am planning to lower my car with 2".

does anyone know what type/brand/lenght.... the new dampers / shock absorbers must be?

where to buy?

regards

-morten-
    norway

Re: lowering a 1300 / r100

Quote Originally Posted by -morten-
    hi,

i am planning to lower my car with 2".

does anyone know what type/brand/lenght.... the new dampers / shock absorbers must be?

where to buy?

regards

-morten-
    norway
    you can replace the front suspension assembly with a 1st generation RX7. that should lower the front about 2 inches or so.

hi,

thanks for the feedback.

parts for old rx7 are pretty hard to comeby, anyone who knows another alternatives?

-morten-

I have installed lowered springs into my R100 which is fitted with Rx2 struts (they bolt straight in and have a slightly larger brake) I also run my stock 14 inch rims and have more options for slightly larger and wider rims but that is limited to the offset so as not to hit the brake caliper... pics here,

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12719&start=20

You can use the original struts and purchase lowered springs (they are made to be more rigid and you can buy them for about $200 a pair AU new)... They are a far better ride then cutting the original springs.

With the rear leaf springs you can either use lowering blocks or get them re set which is the better quality option as they can also re set them to exactly how low you want them...

I purposely wont get my leaf springs re set until I have the car in full working order with the wheels on it and then Ill get them re set to exactly where I want the car ride to be/ "or sit"

Interesting subject as I want to lower my 1300 as well

I heard that using RX7 struts cause unwanted positive camber?
    And I have not seen RX2 struts for sale (in Europe)

Zou best kunnen ja, waarschijnlijk heeft de rx-7 net als de 1300 fusees die vast zitten op de veerpoot. Die van de rx-7 zullen korter zijn en onder een grotere hoek geplaatst zijn dan bij de 1300, om ze nog kwijt te kunnen.
    Onder je 1300 zullen ze rechter op staan dan bij de rx7, waardoor je fusee voorover kantelt met als gevolg positief camber.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo's
    I have installed lowered springs into my R100 which is fitted with Rx2 struts (they bolt straight in and have a slightly larger brake) I also run my stock 14 inch rims and have more options for slightly larger and wider rims but that is limited to the offset so as not to hit the brake caliper... pics here,

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12719&start=20

You can use the original struts and purchase lowered springs (they are made to be more rigid and you can buy them for about $200 a pair AU new)... They are a far better ride then cutting the original springs.

With the rear leaf springs you can either use lowering blocks or get them re set which is the better quality option as they can also re set them to exactly how low you want them...

I purposely wont get my leaf springs re set until I have the car in full working order with the wheels on it and then Ill get them re set to exactly where I want the car ride to be/ "or sit"

hi, this is just what i was planning to do, but do i not need shorter dampers/shock absorbers? will not the original ones be to long and hit "bottom"?

-morten-

hi,

just found out:

a shock absorber from a rx7 gen1 is 2" shorter than the 1300, and has the same diameter and thread on bolt. should be a clean swap.

regards

-morten-

99% sure it isnt. RX-2/Capella struts are the only "bolt straight in" replacement.