Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N360 restoration reloaded

N360 restoration reloaded

Hi everyone, after the dissapearance of my post about the starting of my restoration for server problems of last week, here are the photos again, as a short resume you can see all I have done is disassemble interiors, finding a lot of rust and more hard cancers, the doors are in good shape although I have to repair some holes, the fuel tank have a plumb repair and for now is all, this weekend I will try to follow removing the dashboard and preparing materials to do a rotisserie for steel work...

Greetings

Re: N360 restoration reloaded

Nice project

Not fun to discover all the rust though.
    Seems you have a lot of steelwork ahead of you.

Will be interesting to see your progress.

What are your plans for the car?

Hello, Buenos dias.

You've got a nice Honda. It really looks like a N600G : wood grained dashboard, shifter console, rpm-meter (sorry, I forgot the appropraite name...), large hubcaps etc. Such as Affen's one and mine. But the engine is a 360cc.

Please, keep it stock, it really deserves it.

Bonjour, buenos dias :wink:
    Thanks both of you, my first idea was to buy a N600 but I found this one by luck, was in this bad state but I wanted to save it cause is a little bit more strange to see and I wanted to afford a difficult restoration, before This car I restored a jeep CJ3B from the spanish army, this one was almost perfect in the body so was easy to do :mrgreen: Do this N360 now will be a challenge for me but at the end I will do it for sure, my plans are to restore it to factory looking, as much I will change the colour but surely I will leave it with this blue colour.
    For now I am waiting to receive my mig welder, take the shell to the acid bath, some spot weld drills bits, build a rotisserie and find somewhere body parts, this last I think will be better than patch every rust hole, hope you can help me to find shops where to buy cause I think steel body parts are the same for the N600...
    Well thanks again and I will try to keep posting photos regularly!

Greetings!

I have a parts car here in France on which I've already removed some panels to weld on the N600 I'm trying to restore. But a lot of panels are still available. I don't know if it is interesting to send body panels to Spain. If it is interesting, I would be glad to help you.

Do you already know what body panels you need ?

Bonjour pierren600,

I have the photos and I think the honda part number, if you do not mind to check in that shop if they have the parts I need will be a great help, I supose will be not difficult to send by DHL or another company like that to Spain, in the worse of the cases I can go there and by the way make some tourism, France is beautiful! :wink: Sometimes I travel for work to Toulusse although my french unfortunatelly sucks :cry:
    Here I leave the photos of the parts:

Parts numbers are I think: 70629-568-671Z, 70630-568-670Z, 70627-568-315Z, 70628-568-315Z (not sure 100% if are correct, these are from n600 part numbers catalog)
    This is for now I am sure I need, until I cut more I will do not know if I need more...
    Thanks and greetings!

HI, your N360 has Portuguese licence plates, did you buy it here in Portugal?
    I may be able to help you whith parts.
    Keep up the good work!

Hi, is from Portugal yes, I made a holiday trip to there and I found it by luck, do you have parts like the ones I am looking for? Still avalible parts there in Portugal?
    I have no photos of today but I removed the carb to clean it and see how is it in my free time at work place, I will do photos tomorrow of it :wink:
    Greetings!

My parts man here in Portugal is currently away, in Germany.
    When he comes back I can ask if he has those sheet metal parts, some months ago he sold these:
    They are new old stock parts
    [attachment=2:3e9aqs5i]DSC00086.jpg[/attachment:3e9aqs5i]
    [attachment=1:3e9aqs5i]DSC00087.jpg[/attachment:3e9aqs5i]
    [attachment=0:3e9aqs5i]DSC00089.jpg[/attachment:3e9aqs5i]
    The one on the first picture went to a guy in Portugal, the others i do not know.
    I have never seen sheet metal parts being sold anywhere else, has anyone seen???
    Those pictures you posted of these same parts really look newly made, could it be that there is someone in Japan making these again???
    Would really be nice!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello Vynx,

I'm afraid we did not understand each other. I do not have NOS parts. I offered to remove some rust-free panels from a parts car. Door sill are not available, but the 4 whell arches are ok as well as most of the floors. I'll send some pics the week-end.

Thank you.