Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: I'am a New Cosmo owner

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dongducheon, Korea
    Posts
    330

    I'am a New Cosmo owner

    I have finally found my dream car all original low mile 1976 Mazda Cosmo. Here are the details so far.
    *43,000 miles
    *One owner I think it's an old lady.
    *Automatic gear box
    *Recently had the plugs and wires changed.
    *The lady wants $2500 but willing to negotiate.







    Now here is where I need some help with this. I do no want to sell my 86 RX7 to get this. But if it comes down to it I have already gotten a offer for the RX7. My father is willing to loan me the money to get it, should I borrow the money or not what you guys think?

    What should I look for when I go see the car next week?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated guys.

    Regards Kelly.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    1,608

    Re: May be a Cosmo owner soon

    Congratulations! If you think you can pay your dad back soon, you should get the loan and keep both (assuming you have the space for 2 cars).

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dongducheon, Korea
    Posts
    330

    Re: May be a Cosmo owner soon

    Thx Cam I can afford to pay back it's just my wife with "The borrowing money from relatives issues with her" She said it was cool to get it but I haven't told her I asked my pops to borrow the money yet
    So I will have to break it to her sooner or later.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    1,608

    Re: May be a Cosmo owner soon

    Quote Originally Posted by zionfarm
    Thx Cam I can afford to pay back it's just my wife with "The borrowing money from relatives issues with her" She said it was cool to get it but I haven't told her I asked my pops to borrow the money yet
    So I will have to break it to her sooner or later.
    Don't tell her. Keep your significant other out of your personal finances as best you can. :wink:

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dongducheon, Korea
    Posts
    330

    Re: May be a Cosmo owner soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Camshaft
    Quote Originally Posted by zionfarm
    Thx Cam I can afford to pay back it's just my wife with "The borrowing money from relatives issues with her" She said it was cool to get it but I haven't told her I asked my pops to borrow the money yet
    So I will have to break it to her sooner or later.
    Don't tell her. Keep your significant other out of your personal finances as best you can. :wink:
    Now come on Cam you can't be like that, Happy Wife Happy Life trust me man. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    696

    Re: May be a Cosmo owner soon

    Very cool! I love these cars.

    IMO, it's hard to have more than one project (though two isn't bad). I'd take the offer on the RX7 if it was good and put that money towards the Cosmo. Then again, I have 8 broken cars, so feel free to ignore my opinions because I don't listen either. :lol:

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    67

    Re: May be a Cosmo owner soon

    for that money and condition there should be no questions.
    If the ol lady goes lower even better.
    Borrow 2K from Dad and go wave it under her nose.
    Then get started on preserving whats there.
    Its a stocker that will clean up real easy.
    They don't come up like that often in any country.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dongducheon, Korea
    Posts
    330

    Re: May be a Cosmo owner soon

    I appreciate the advice man and thats exactly what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go see it next weekend when I get off from work.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampa FL
    Posts
    125

    Re: May be a Cosmo owner soon

    The paint looks to be in great condition just a little faded. When you get it, park it in the garage or somewere the sun won't get to it and hit it with Meguires ultimate compound to get the shine back, and I've found that nufinish polish preserves the lacquer's gloss finish after you hit it with the compound. I've also found that old 100% cotton t-shirts work great when applying each product. Caution it will take hours to do it completely but the end result is totaly worth all the effort it requires.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dongducheon, Korea
    Posts
    330

    Re: May be a Cosmo owner soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Stationwagonguy
    Very cool! I love these cars.

    IMO, it's hard to have more than one project (though two isn't bad). I'd take the offer on the RX7 if it was good and put that money towards the Cosmo. Then again, I have 8 broken cars, so feel free to ignore my opinions because I don't listen either. :lol:
    The RX7 is not a project it's my daily driver runs like a champ no issue with it.

Similar Threads

  1. '76 Mazda Cosmo PNW
    By Toy_Yoda in forum Ad / Auction Finds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2015, 08:17 PM
  2. Hello. Former 260z owner. Current AW11 owner.
    By Lsong in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 07:48 AM
  3. Cosmo anyone?
    By Chuxa in forum Mazda Garage
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 09:54 PM
  4. Mazda 929 Cosmo
    By serrasalmus in forum Mazda Garage
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 12:28 AM
  5. My -77, 121 Cosmo 2000
    By in forum Mazda Garage
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •