Thread: help with n600 engine problems!!!

help with n600 engine problems!!!

im having a problem with my n600 and cannot figure it out.. it ran fine last time i parked it and then a week or two went by before i drove it again and now it has a miss. it idles perfect but if i hold the pedal at lets say 20% throttle it will miss and stumble bad. if i floor it and hold the pedal, it will rev up for like a half second and then the engine will just cut off and then once i let off the throttle it will go back to idling normal. it does this with or without a load on the engine. if i listen to the exhaust tip, i can hear a very slight backfiring while idling..

here is everything ive done so far:

-disassembled and inspected the carb twice
    -brand new points and condensor set at the proper clearance
    -brand new plugs with proper gap and heat range
    -checked cam timing
    -checked ignition timing
    -adjusted the valve clearances
    -compression test resulted 160psi and 150psi
    -checked intake manifold for leaks

i dont know what else it could be, im lost!! do valves ever get burnt up in these things? i played aroudn with the pilot screw and it did nothing. the carb is getting plenty of fuel. the plugs are actually black...but theyve always been black even when it was running perfect the past year ive been driving it.

any suggestions? thanks!

Re: help with n600 engine problems!!!

:? really is strange that after disassemble the carb and all the other checks is still doing bad...I am new with this engines so I can not give you a good advice to repair it but next step I recomend to you is to check the ignition coil and all cables of the ignition coil to spark plugs just in case, the other thing you can check if you didnīt do before is search for some air leaks or excess of fuel in the carb, sometimes are hidden and makes you get crazy. If you have someone with other carb like yours try it to be sure that is not the carb, then keep going with other things...last of all sorry for my english, hope is at least understandeable :mrgreen:
    Wish that you will find the problem soon

Greetings

Almost sounds like the problem i had with my motor and i took it to my buddy and the condensor screw came off. Maybe just double check that. Hopefully u get it running.

i just put a new points and condensor on.. nothing loose. problem still exists.. i guess im gonna have to take the head off and see if i find anything wrong. im thinking burnt valve.