Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi there EX lancer and L300 van

Hi there EX lancer and L300 van

Hi I have been a lurker here for a while, thought id put up some show off pics :P and introduce myself.

First up my project EX lancer with 2.3l twincam 4G63T, forged cammed and stroked with big garrett hybid turbo

Not my wheels

Pic on my wheels

A pic of when it was going last time 2L 4G63T Biggish turbo 560cc injectors 240kw atw

My L300

Will post up more dets later if anyones interested, gotta go to work now!

OK back from work, The ex lancer is also getting a 5 link setup copied from AE86/DX corolla one of ym good friends is very handy in solid works and has drawn it all up and made a model of it moving ect

There you can see some of the modelling and some of the stuff we have done to the car, all using factory mount points except for the turrets of course which will have some spax coilovers in them mounted to the top of the diff. The diff is currently at the engineers getting shortened and the mounts welded on, its a L200 LSD diff the axles are nice and big so should be great!

There is still a long way to go the motor is mounted but i need new piping for the intercooler, run a new fuel line, brake lines for the rear, handbrake cables, rewire it and the list goes on........

But that didnt stop me purchasing another one the same, not sure what the plans are but will probably tidy it up and daily drive it with a view to building a twin cam 4G63 NA screamer.

Does anyone have any idea where i coul get some of the weather strips that run along the wondow on the outside?

Re: Hi there

Both of those are GORGEOUS. Welcome to JNC. Can you do me a favor and just stick that L300 in a container and send it to me? :mrgreen:

Re: Hi there

Nice looking rides, I bet that Lancer is fun to drive around in. Anyway welcome to the boards.

Re: Hi there EX lancer and L300 van

Drooooooooool :shock:

Can you post feedback after you're done with the 5 link conversion? I'd like to know if it helps a lot with traction and if it's worth it.

Does the stock rear geometry suck?

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaqastar
    Drooooooooool :shock:

Can you post feedback after you're done with the 5 link conversion? I'd like to know if it helps a lot with traction and if it's worth it.

Does the stock rear geometry suck?
    The geometry does its job at stock height, but to go low and have good travel and handle well is impossible, this way ill be able to set it up for drags and track ect easily just by changing a few small things

Quote Originally Posted by macabre
    My L300

Will post up more dets later if anyones interested, gotta go to work now!

[/img]
    Dayam, I saw this picture somewhere online. Pretty nice stance. What's the specs on those wheels. Your L300 was what inspired me to search for a L300 (Mitsubishi Van) here in the U.S.

I think in that pic i had 14x8 all round 0 offset, later i put 14x9 on the rear not sure what offset they were. They poked out a bit in front but i never got round to getting the centers moved.

It rolls on its own 4 wheels now for the first time in ages! Gonna need to raise the tunnel up a bit and notch the chassis to keep it driveable at that height, but the diff worked perfectly! The arms are all straight and fitted in great.

The wheels are 16x8 and 16x7.5, i am gonna look at getting some 10s for the rear to fill the guards out

are these wheels from starion turbo?

SSR reverse mesh