Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this Restorable?

Is this Restorable?

The owner of this car will scrape it but he made an offer for me to take it (haven't agreed on the price yet though)

Though my hands are full right now, I feel like I have an obligation to save this car!!! (crazy?)

But before I commit to it, i would like to get some opinions about how difficult it would be to restore it?

So please have a look and help me decide:

Re: Is this Restorable?

Well if the suspension is intact it should be. But the right front wheel looks bashed in... :/

That looks totally solid and restorable to me, I can't see any rust. If the body is clean, replacing trim and mechanical bits is easy.

Looks like it sat through a few dust storms then someone washed the outside. lol

Save it. :tu: It looks to be in better condition than my cadillac, and there are a few way worse than mine that have been restored.

everything is restorable if you have enough money, and time..

1978 ke30: Good point about the suspension. My other worry is the rubber, I think its pretty much gone

Camshaft: The trim is probably more difficult than I thought initially. This is a rare LHD Nissan President. and hence my strong inclination to saving it

c72c: True True. the good thing about it is that there is no rust

Eric: I have so many projects going at once.. makes me think I shouldn't even attempt another one

But I will see if I get it real cheap and then park it somewhere till am ready

Do it man, that thing is baller as hell. I'd crawl under and look at the right side suspension and frame though. Could be a bent frame or something similar.

:shock: Save it and paint it black. If the engine is too hard to get running, then your best bet is a JZ motor. :tu: :wink:

I just hope your location of the "sun" doesn't have emission laws like California.

Quote Originally Posted by 1978 ke30
    Do it man, that thing is baller as hell. I'd crawl under and look at the right side suspension and frame though. Could be a bent frame or something similar.
    I agree, I can imagine the fender mirrors on this large body Japanese Vintage and the off white color..... its looking so good in my imagination 8)

I will get it lifted somehow and check the frame and suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Drive510
    :shock: Save it and paint it black. If the engine is too hard to get running, then your best bet is a JZ motor. :tu: :wink:

I just hope your location of the "sun" doesn't have emission laws like California.

I thought about that, but also I don't think I would want to change in the interior a lot either.... the JZ gear would change it..

I am going to start researching some other options....because I don't think its original V8 engine has any parts left in the market