Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jetto's 1982 Mitsubishi Lancer A173A Sedan

Jetto's 1982 Mitsubishi Lancer A173A Sedan

Hello !

Im Jetto from the Philippine Islands.

Just like to share my Dad's 1982 Mitsubishi Lancer A173A Sedan.

First of all, this car was purchased by my dad brand new from the dealership on April 1982. It was originally a Dominican Brown colored Lancer SL spec car, with factory 13 inch steel rims on 175/ 70 series Firestone Wide Oval tires, has factory airconditioning, a Sony cassete/radio, 4 speed manual tranny. With a sticker price of P66,000.00 Philippine Pesos. ( $1= Php15.00 during those times I guess)

He used this car on Sundays and out-of -town trips, since he has 2 other cars for daily use. Eventually it became an everyday car, driving us to school, him to work. When I was in college this became my car.
    The car experienced occasional drag races on friday or saturday nights, and once raced legally ( Drag racing sponsored by the PDRF ) 1996 Stock street category. Popular places then were at the White Plains, Ortigas Greenhills Area and Lagro at Quezon City.

The paint you see here was the first and only repaint done on it ever since. It was painted Jet Black using Anzahl Urethane ( BASF Germany) Paint system. The painting and body works were done at a shop here called PROJECTION ( now closed) in 1995. All four doors and trunk were replaced with JDM panels. Hood and fenders still original. It took 9 months to build.

The interior : ORIGINAL dashboard, door sidings panels, seats, back board , and ceiling. never reupholstered.

The engine 4G33 SOHC was reconditioned in 1996, built by Phil Gulfin ( a popular engine tuner here , Gulf speed Racing). the 1400 cc 4G33 engine was brought to 1600 standard specs, heads were port matched and polished.
    Carburation then was Single Side Weber 40's. Now its back to stock. It sports a 4-1 steel headers by Nodalos ( a popular muffler shop then) with a Fujitsubo Giken R JDM chambered (JASMA) Muffler at the end.

Suspension : Stock Springs , KYB gas shocks all around.
    Brakes: Stock Front Disc, Stock rear Drums.

Interior Upgrades: Willans 4 point harness, Nardi Classic 310mm steering wheel. Hoshino Impul racing Shiftknobs. Murakami Rear View Mirror, Fizz Chotto interior mirror ( Got no side mirrors ). Razo Titanium Pedals.

Wheels & tires : Original ADVAN Rally 13X6 light weight rims ( polished, period correct 1982 production date) wrapped with Falken 175/60/13 Z1-EX tires.

At present the car has 150,000++ kms on the clock. Starts once everytime its needed. Very Reliable...Still strong.

I hope you enjoy the pics!

Interior. All Original. Never Re-upholstered

Exterior details . Wheel/Tires . Etc

Details of the Rear.

Engine Bay.

Last Shot!

Now its a sunday car. Or is it friday nights only car when Old Schooler Club meets are scheduled.
    I still got more upgrades to do like installing the JDM A175 gauge panel with dimmer switch for gauge illumination, rewire the digital dash clock, install twin webers, install the body mouldings....so much to do so little time.

Enjoy your Japanese Retro Car! Drive! And More power to JNC!

Administrator
    Man, that's one clean box. Welcome to JNC!

Wow! I just wet my pants! :mrgreen:

Nice box type fellow Islander! See you one of these days and welcome to JNC! Just keep posting! :tu:

Another nice lancer. Man I hate you guys. Why the hell didnt we get those stateside.

haha :mrgreen:

interior upgrade

Just replaced the Steering Wheel with a Nardi Classic , Black on Black 350mm size steering wheel. This is bigger than the previous ( 310mm diameter, silver spokes )

Shift knob by Razo RA-102 Lightweight Black resin Japan Rally inspired.

Which is better: the previous set up or this one?

nice just needs a drop

Sweet interior. I love the race-style seatbelt as well.

Re: Jetto's 1982 Mitsubishi Lancer A173A Sedan

Details of the Rear.

wer can i get the red lens for the bumper?? how much is it?? thanks.

Re: Turbo Lense

Those are OEM Mitsubishi Turbo Lenses.

They light up when the turbo kicks in ( If it's the original Turbo Lancer)

They are also very hard to find these days. But i found one selling a brand new piece for US$110.00

If you want one, ill just check out the store to see if they still have it.

These items are very rare so its quite expensive and because a lot of guys are restoring Lancers these days, these items get sold very quickly.