Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do hicks always fall bass ackward into cool old cars?

Why do hicks always fall bass ackward into cool old cars?

So I go on Gmail to send a car link to a friend and see he's just emailed me. We often send each other CL ads for cool rare cars we could never afford (being two dirt poor "young men") and I see this is another depressing email about a car I can't have.

fuck. this poor, clean '79 mazda is going to be baja raced and then sent to the junkyard. uggghhhh.

We start chatting on Gtalk and he informs me that the car is owned by a couple hick teenagers who are going to race it in like two weeks. He sends me this picture.

Remember. We live in Minnesota. We NEVER see cars older than 20 years old unless they're at a car show. Apparently these hicks fell into this rust free, straight Mazda 323 (The last RWD generation, mind you) and are proceeding to completely trash it because it's a "furrin jobbie".

I told my friend to offer them $300 cash for it on my behalf. (that's about all i can afford) I'm looking for a winter car and a little rust is better than a lot of junkyard. This is KILLING ME. Hopefully the cash money will be worth more to them than running in a baja race. I love racing as much as or more than the next guy, but saving a JNC comes first in my book. (Plus then I'd have covered all the car bases- American, European and Japanese!)

Anyway, that's a long winded way to say, how the HELL do hicks end up with nice old cars they don't give a lick about? They're obviously not car enthusiasts. How did they get their grubby mitts on such a nice car in the middle of the rust belt?

Have any of you ever had this kind of deal? Some kids want to ruin some decent car just for lols when you'd happily buy the thing? :evil:

Re: Why do hicks always fall bass ackward into cool old cars

That's the way life goes... Good cars are going to bad boys...

This ticks me off. I live out in the middle of nowhere and I see crap like this happen with nice older cars. If it's not a fireturd with a screaming chicken on the hood it's worthless apparently.

Safe to say, I don't envy the cars of most hicks; thankfully most dont wind up with cool cars. I currently live in the douchebag Capitol of California (moving soon), before they all went broke and lost their home equity, hicks drove late model lifted trucks, new Mustangs with body kits, stickered Chargers etc...

The older, more grizzled and high-school aged hicks drive falling-apart Chevelles and F-bodies with springs unshackled and primer, or grubby 5.0s.

Most old imports I see tend to be enthusiast-owned, or daily driven. Most S30s I see are either restored, tastefully modded, or still sport faded paint and 70s/80s accessories and kits.

I occasionally despair over the fact that the S30 is often the only import car that hicks will show any interest in, seeing as their tastes usually involve stuffing in a big dumb V8 and slapping on douchebag livery... Big dumb V8s have their place, and it isn't where a smooth OHC straight six used to be :? Hicked up cars make us all look worse by proxy.

You can tell the hick-listed craigslist postings for our cars... They're normally punctuated by misspellings of whatever dumb project they had in mind for it, where they thankfully ran out of money or ambition. Most hicks are lazy.

So guy's willing to sell it.

Edit: short version.
    $350, 4 spd manual, rotten floorboards and missing rear window. Interior is gutted and windows are removed. It was last registered in '97.

Talked to some friends about it. It's going to take too much money and work to make reliable. I'm gonna have to pass, and just buy a friend's mom's Mk1 Ford Probe

Darn! If I had the space I'd pick this up like yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Sven7
    Talked to some friends about it. It's going to take too much money and work to make reliable.
    Probably one of the reasons they picked it up for a Baja race. I'm not a fan of it either, but that's how a lot of decent older cars end up.

Shame but it sounds too far gone without a parts car standing by. Would make a decent Locost donor I suppose.

Dunno, why do so many guys cut up decent muscle cars and mini tub them and other shitty things?

The majority of people are retarded and the best thing you can do is to make your own little sphere of life and make it a happy one*

*and by that I mean cram it full of things and people that you love.