Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought.....

Just bought.....

Hey guys new to the forum and the ol school game. Recently picked up a 79' 810 that used to belong to chickenwing on this forum looking for an tips on resto as well as parts to do a bluebird conversion, have the lights looking for grill. Also was wondering if the c110 heads and tails will work/fit, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Just bought.....

do u mean the round lights? this is not that similar to a bluebird iirc..... super jealous... i wanted to buy but have too many projects

Yeah i have the round lights found the complete front grill for 300.00 just gotta get some money up also got some bluebird emblems as well as the bluebird hood ornament found that from a guy in kuwait, lol. the rockers are rotted out and the trunk lid so i need to find a trunk or a company that carrys bosy parts this old. For the rockers im gonna use old school fairlady ones and mod them since cant find any pre fabbed. The motor runs real strong and theres no frame rust so the body stuff im not really worried about, ill post soe pics when i start just laid up right now, had surgery done.

So i got an E31 head with the purchase of the car was wondering if anyone knew the specs on the heads and would it be beneficail in the HP are to swap it with the stock one thats on there.

those heads are good for N/A builds

get some webbers on it where are you from? did the car stay out in jersey?

yeah im in jersey. Its an L24E, I would rather the sound of trip webbers. Can i convert from FI to a carb setup if so what do i need to do cause i WANNA do it. Lemme know if ya know. Thanks bro. Got the headlights heres a lil sneek peek, coulndt find the 810 ones so got a set of 610's that im going to mod, also seeing if C110 headlights and tails will fit got a guy in Japan sending me some measurements, I think itll look wicked with that conversion done. What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

bump any updates?

update, motor is out of the car and am still debating between a 2jz or RB25DET, I have a shop that I use they built my FD so as soon as i make up my mind the fun will begin. Im taking votes on what motor. :mrgreen:

The 2j is a better motor but I am a purist and belive nissan motors belong in nissans and toyotas in toyotas if you know what I mean. So I vote for the rb25 or if you want 3liter go the rb30

see i think the same thing when it comes to swaps but the shop i use is pretty nasty a 2jz custom swaps and tuning, plus i can get som nassty horsepower with a stock bottom end. Run a conservative 450hp in the 810 and your looking at a nasty street car.