Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My -77, 121 Cosmo 2000

My -77, 121 Cosmo 2000

I like this picture of me, my sister and my Cosmo. Anyone have any idea of where to get parts for my car? It's the same car as the RX5 but without the wankel.

Arne

Cool, someone else has one too! My 121 coupe is the 1977 model as well. It also has a factory automatic and A/C. I've also got three 121L landau's as well.

Parts aren't impossible to find here, what did you need? Postage could kill it though.

Cool picture, kind of looks like an old ad for one. Interesting idea!

Hi!

Thank's! Not to many parts to be found around here... I think this car is pretty rare in Europe. It would have been nice to get help from "down under"!

Anyone got links to shops that sell vintage Mazda parts? Parts that I really needs are front spoiler and (of course) dashboard...(not sure if this is the right word for it...)

The car are blue metallic, have oldshool Cobra turbine rims and a 1970ccm "MA" motor. Most other Cosmo's I've red about has the 1.8 litre or wankel.

Thaks

Arne

Hi Arne,

I think you'd be right, that would be fairly rare over there now, with all that snow and salting roads, Mazda cars worst nightmare!

We don't have any new dashboards here, always have to get them repaired. We do have a few repair shops that specialize in dash reskins but the last 121 dash cost me over $500AU - the same price of the car when I bought it!

All 121 coupes here were the VC 1.8 litre. The only MA 2.0 litre versions were the 121L landau's. There was only 200 ever imported, so having three of them is damn cool. We missed out on that dark blue metallic. Like those mags, very similar to a set I got with one of the Landau's.

Timbo.

In Norway all 121 had the 2.0 engine. We also got the 121L. The 121L is so rare that i have only seen it on "for sale" pictures. It has been years since i saw a ordinary 121. Norway got zero RX5, and the few examples in existense here are imported from Sweden.

Tim we did get that colour here.There is one at the wreckers here still has that chrome rack on boot

Cool man, wasn't 100% sure, all the sales brochures hadn't listed it, but then again the whole Westco/Mazda Aust ltd was still going on in 1977. Just hadn't spied one up here yet. Three of my four are that lighter metallic blue/grey blend.

Where's this one in the wreckers? That rack would be a great addition to the museum.

look here:

www.mazdayoungtimer.siteboard.de

There are some people may have parts for you! :wink:

I went to wreckers here and he wants $40 for boot rack.Anyone want it I will get for you