Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Donnie DR30 build

Donnie DR30 build

Sup guys been here for a while finally getting a chance to mess with my Dr again. here is some of the progress since I got it.

I love the look of my R33 and driving it daily, it's time to have a dedicated track car now. The R33 will go to the track for practice and competitions. I will be picking up this 1983 R30. Fun times to come for sure with a new fresh project. I will not be going over the top with this car. Just mechanical stuff first to follow with sleek body kit, fresh paint job and wheels.

The car as it sits now in southern Japan.

Re: Donnie DR30 build

Some parts came in yesterday

Front lip kit
    Bushings
    Wheel hub
    New OE plug wires
    Gasket kit

Examples

lolz

Went downtown today to get new lug nuts.. was looking around UG and spotted my spoiler lol. Picked it up for only 5000 yen. Bigger than i though and its like a very thick foam/rubber like mold.. very light weight. Feels like a dildo in my hand.

Went to go see the car... pretty decent shape. has alot of sketchy wiring. Im going to get rid of all of this stuff and go back stock.. Not about to figure out someones else work.

New stickers in prep for fresh paint.

Got it to my house now... in my environment ample time to work on it now.

Today took the other parts to the hobby shop to blast them off before installing. While blasting found another possible issue that screws up the idle and rev. The Diaphragm of the ACC valve has a small tear in it. I could not see this while mounted on the manifold.

Inspected the turbo zero radial or axial shaft play etc all good to go.

Made a Block plate for the EGR and bolted the EGR back on for JCI purpose.. its in dumb mode as you can see. I just modified it to fit with the block plate on as well.

Cleaned up the rats nest under the manifold cant really tell with these dark pictures but its much better. I can put my hands under the manifold and touch everything no problem.

Got some purplish pink vacuum line from Allan... I dont like it with my scheme though so going to switch to black line.. Thanks for letting me get the line Allan.

I just got done about 30 min ago, started to get a head/backache so called it a night.

Tomorrow morning ill fab up the IC piping and brackets and see how this thing runs... Hoping for the best......

Mocked up and installed the intercooler I like the space thats right in front of the radiator, I can put a big IC there and fans between both of them if I wanted. I used an STI intercooler and some couplers I had laying around to mock it up. I will by some piping cut, tack and take somewhere to have it TIG welded. I like the shortness of the piping alot and will be a 4 coupler setup no matter what engine I put into it.

Got everything back together. It runs more vigorous but still not good enough for me. I'm thinking the O2 sensor is screwed as well and this car depends heavily on it. I remember with the KA and even the RB I never ran one as I tuned them myself and didn't want the 02 putting its 2 cents into the factor....

Going to go to tommy's as well to see if I can find a OE rubber intake pipe to move the MAF further way.

Pulled the head off The R30 today to find the issue of the poor running.

Basically one of the vales was banging the piston until it snapped off. The others were find but the debris from that also ruined the turbo.

will acquire a new head from Yaj and put some new valves in it. I could buy a "running" engine from Yaj but do to the years most of these things have been sitting, think im better off rebuilding this one. might take a couple more weeks as compared to getting one dropping it in and possibly having other issues.

abit of a downer regarding the dropped valve.
    nice looking DR tho.

what are the specs on the wheels, width and offset?

Next time I pull the wheels off I will check... I have only had them off once so far to change the brake pads a while back and check other things out. I have that for you soon.

Car looks great! Love what you have done with it so far.

Didn't know you got one of these. Then again I don't watch everybody like a hawk. Aside from the engine being poop it looks like it's coming along nicely.