Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue balls for car

Blue balls for car

I see a lot of cars now that are built with all the nicest parts and not a smudge on the car. To see a car with potential then get built yet never get used to its potential. Its like blue balls for cars.

I see these guys get ahold of these amazing cars and are too scared to cut into them like they did back in the day before bolt-ons exsisted. Back when our cars were made there wasn't too many if any aftermarket parts you could wrench on within a matter of minutes. Back before TCS and all the flippy floppy paddles on cars that practically drive themselves. Back when cars were fun to drive and it actually took more then reaction time, yet a little muscle to maneuver them around turns. The days when tunning was done by screwdriver and our senses not by microprecessors and a mouse. Back when cars sounded like cars not supersonic jets warping through time down the track. The day your teenager got in their first wreck and the car wasn't totaled. Back when cars were real and so were the women. When emissions were obsolete and gas was cheap. When Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee were equaly badass and Debbie Harry was hot.

I am proud to own a Japanese Nostalgic car.

Well said!

:slowclap:

I aprove

That was beautifully said -

That should have been accompanied by Barber's Adagio for Strings in the background

Infact -

http://home.snu.edu/~bballweg/adagio/adagio.mp3

damn i was bored last night... that song fits all too well lol

your little speech is dead true though!

I regularly do track days at Brands Hatch - and nothing beats wrestling a Retro car round the track!

Ferrari FXX? Yeah it might be fast, but you use as much skill driving it as you do when u dig out the playstation and load up Gran Turismo!

I think the issue of DIY modification on early cars probably pioneered modern tuning as we know it today, except back then you just kept tinkering until it felt like it was faster - not because theoretically it should go faster!

very true lol

I dunno about you guys but at the track in my classic compaired to my newer cars i dont seem to be as scared to get a little nasty and not worry about a few scratches yet the car still looks cleaner then any of my newer cars. Its just a little beast i swear. Not like a chuaua is, more like a great dane. All nice but deep down inside it knows it owns your ass lol

:tu:

Hail!!!

that is so touching

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    That was beautifully said -

That should have been accompanied by Barber's Adagio for Strings in the background

Infact -

http://home.snu.edu/~bballweg/adagio/adagio.mp3
    or something like the background music for this... http://meta.hitpops.jp/contents/public/ ... 031893.asx

I shed a tear.. ;_;

Well said!