Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: '90 Civic Sedan

'90 Civic Sedan

Whats the rule on when it becomes official for properly JNC.. 25 years?

Anyway I just picked what we've officially dubbed "How now Brown Cow"

First change was to take off the ugly ass hubcaps. Much better now.

1990 Civic LX. It's got 140k miles on it and its seen better days for sure, hopefully I can spruce her up a bit in the coming months. I would have washed it today but the windows don't quite roll all the way up so thats going to have to wait until I can fix them. Only major things broken at the moment is the speedo and the a/c feels like its desperate for a recharge. (although I'm currently working on the speedo fix because it seems it might have been just missing the clip where it meets the transmission)

Re: 91 Civic Sedan

It looks so good! Oddly enough I just took the hubcaps off of the missus' car yesterday. It looks tough on these cars.

I don't see this being OS at all, but I do know I sure as hell want one. I love the 4 door EFs.

Quote Originally Posted by qdseeker
    I don't see this being OS at all, but I do know I sure as hell want one. I love the 4 door EFs.
    I think it's somewhat similar to the Miata in the fact that, yes, it's technically "too new," but we let it slide because it exudes the same character as the nostalgics we know and love.

Plus, the EF type debuted 23 years ago, so it's nearly water under the bridge at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Camshaft
    Quote Originally Posted by qdseeker
    I think it's somewhat similar to the Miata in the fact that, yes, it's technically "too new," but we let it slide because it exudes the same character as the nostalgics we know and love.

Plus, the EF type debuted 23 years ago, so it's nearly water under the bridge at this point.
    I was hoping I wasn't the only one that loves these even though they aren't quiet old enough yet. The EF/EE body type was the first square'd off car I ever fell in love with when I was younger so it was only a matter of time before I got one. Having my roommates EF Hatch (the red on in the picture) parked right out side didn't help any.

My Fit will be gone Wednesday and then it'll be time to order a plethora of parts to get it slammed like the EF hatch and spruce up the interior. My buddy has a wood wheel thats going to go perfect with this car if I can talk him into letting it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofuik
    My Fit will be gone Wednesday and then it'll be time to order a plethora of parts to get it slammed like the EF hatch and spruce up the interior. My buddy has a wood wheel thats going to go perfect with this car if I can talk him into letting it go.
    !!!

You're selling the Fit?! So this will be your daily then?

Yep, getting out of this whole car note lifestyle. Save some money for once in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofuik
    Yep, getting out of this whole car note lifestyle. Save some money for once in my life.
    Not a bad way to go. What direction is the Civic taking? Just an FYI, if you put a bike rack on it I'm going to come down to LA and beat you. :lol:

I like the EF hatch ok. The EF is the last body style Civic I'd ever own. And because of the commonness of the hatch model and my like for the 4 door, I'd take the 4 door all day over the hatch.

I personally dread the day that JCCS acknowledges the EF as OS as that will open the floodgates to a not-so-nostalgic feeling. To me, they just don't have that look or feel of an old car. Even though they are old.

Technically, my RX7 is nostalgic, since the FC was realeased in 1985. Like it or not, the newer cars will be nostalgic someday, and the kids who own them are as passionate as anyone else. We love our cars, but the "old guys" from the domestic or European contingents have really chased us away. In some ways, a lot of us feel like this is "our" thing, so don't be the "old guy" that scares off the next generation of car enthusiasts because you don't like change. :wink: