Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Nostalgic Cameras!

Japanese Nostalgic Cameras!

Ok we were talking a little too much about photography in the JNC Spotted Thread so why not make a new thread for photography, and Japanese cameras in particular?

I'll start. I've got three cameras and they're all JDM y0.

Nikon FM currently running a 50mm f/1.8 Nikkor lens (Used to have a Tokina 35-135 f/3.5 zoom and Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 but they broke so it's 50mm only now)

Canon Canonet QL17 GIII rangefinder with an integrated 40mm lens and auto aperture

Canon EOS Rebel T1i out of service at the moment because a Corvette owner tackled me and broke the kit lens. No pictures of that yet.

I also had a Nikon FM10 kit last year that I bought intending to flip but ended up losing money on.

Some of my favorite film photos, three on shit film and the VW on Ektar:

Scout checking out the Nikon

Anyway, that's too much from me. What do you guys have to share?

Re: Japanese Nostalgic Cameras!

I have a few. Mostly Olympuses, but some Nikons and Yashicas and even a Pentax as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/turbo16vdo ... 552111618/

Ha! Great idea for a thread. Nice camera the Canonet. I replaced mine with a Bessa, so I can run a 21mm. For shooting car stuff, I carry this Konica WB 28mm in the glove compartment of my bike:

The WB is great for shooting on the go, hanging it from my wrist:

When not riding, or out on a shoot, the camera in my pocket is a GR-1:

Loaded with Ilford XP-2 Super it makes a great snapper with some level of control:

Recently in looking for a wide 6x6, I discovered the Bronica:

Which is just great loaded with Ektar for a nice period look:

Though, perhaps not considered a classic, nearly 30 years old, a Mamiya made Polaroid:

My fave really for grubby B&Ws, of cars or whatever:

The classic of classics in my collection though, would be a Fujipet from about 1959:

See ya! Neko.

Vintage Nikons abound at my house, but no pics.
    '62 Vintage F with the Bullseye meter. I had the 5.8CM 1.4 that came with it till mold ruined it. That was my normal lens all the time. Super contrasty and just lovely to shoot with.
    '65 vintage F with waist level finder. No lens on that one just yet.
    My main shooter for years was/is my F3 HPs with MD4s(yes, I have two, but one is down right now as the motor drive has some issues) Lenses are basic 24mm and 80-200 2.8 constant.
    The F3s have been replaced in the last year with an N90s with battery grip(love this camera would only replace it with a super nice F4) Main lens is the 24mm from above.
    I also have a Yashica Electro 35 GT that is great fun to play with. I have put 3 rolls through it, but have yet to develop them.

Not JN cameras, but in the same vein. Russian nostalgic cameras... if there can be such a thing...
    First up, my favorite, the 1949 Kiev 2 with a ZK lens. Basically a contax with the Kiev name on front.

Shoots wonderfully, vintage style pics.

Next up is my Zorki 3. A pretty much straight copy of the Leica IIIa.

This is shot with the Z3 before I did any kind of CLA or what not on it. Shoots pretty much the same with out all the light leaks now.

I have way more cameras, including an Olympus 35RC and Pen EE but I would clutter up the thread.

Orion, just looked at your pics. Nice collection! I would love a 35 EC and my RC still works on auto, but I use it mainly in manual. I really would like to find a nice Petri 1.9 super corrected, but they tend to go for way more than I want to spend.

Odd that this comes up now... :P

Since I haven't touched my digital SLR in almost a year, I recently decided to dig out my old film SLRs and "toy" medium formats and have shot a little bit film the last month or so. :mrgreen:

For 35mm I use a Canon AE-1 Program

And for back-up a sexy all black AV-1

Will try to post some samples from those soon...

For medium format I have some old American workhorses...

Kodak Duaflex II

And a pair of Argus 75's

Some pics from the Argus 75 (my current fave)...

My son James at the beach

My son Lucas, same day

I just bought this Ricoh 500G range finder camera two days ago at goodwill. It's my favorite "cheap" 135 format range finder so far... Despite numerous problems with my example, I like this better than my Yashica GTN, Canonet, and Minolta hi-matics, but have yet to try the Konica S or Olympus R's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

literally just bought a Pentax K1000 this AM on ebay. i have been inspired by neko's posts etc and have decided to ditch the digital since i don't take that many photos anymore. my parents have a k1000 so i grew up with it. this should be fun in the next few weeks. i plan to spend plenty of time practicing with film again.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieRA29
    Orion, just looked at your pics. Nice collection! I would love a 35 EC and my RC still works on auto, but I use it mainly in manual. I really would like to find a nice Petri 1.9 super corrected, but they tend to go for way more than I want to spend.
    Cheers mate! One day I hope to finish cataloguing my collection, which involves running at least one roll through all the cameras which you can still buy film for :lol: I was a bit gutted that my RC stopped functioning in Auto mode, but hey, every good hobbyist photographer should know Sunny-16 off by heart anyway.

Actually bid on a Petri 1.9 on trademe a few months back, but people started putting insane bids on, and I think it eventually sold to a guy who is renowned for re-listing all his crap on Ebay at quadruple the price rather than a proper collector, which was a shame.

the most interesting shots I've captured so far seem to be from my '50s GDR Welta Belmira rangefinder. The colours are... interesting. And you just can't beat black and white either. (This from my Olympus OM-2n)

ok, how do you scan in your photos? my scanner is teh suck..

the wife will hate me for plastering her face all over the interwebs. hehe.

Pentax K1000 with kodak 200 film. standard pentax lens, 50mm i believe.