Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hot rod

hot rod

hey there my coworker who is a big hot rodder gave me this idea.
    i am a big classic jap import guy mostly datsun but if it has some nice lines i love it.
    anyways he said i should do a hot rod but use all japanese drive train. just the body and frame from the American car. i know where i may be able to get a body of a model a or what not but i would like to use some characteristics of datusn, toyota, mazda honda and so on.

i currently have a 85 300zx turbo parts car the engine is planned to go into my pathfinder but the hot rod idea would be better. i would live to use the l28 from a 240 to 280zx as there more classy.

think it would be a cool idea or just a waste of time.

i would prob call it something like FES (foreign exchange student) or something

Well I like the idea, but that might be because I was thinking of doing the same thing, lol. I was planning to use around a '29 Ford or Chevy chassis and body. Add a rear subframe mount and use a 300xz subframe, then power it with an RB25DET.

That was before I found my current project, so I'll have to abandon my plans.

Have you seen the 41 Willys bodied Evo? Search YouTube. I personally think it's kind of a waste of time and money. It'd be cooler to find a really rough Nissan Bluebird 210 and customize it to holy heaven. But that's just me. :tu:

If you want to bring some J-tin spin to it I suggest you do some nice hippari fitment and vintage JDM wheels.

I have built several scale models using this premise. I can gie some ideas if they are wanted.

There is this car which is along the same lines. 1968 Corona with a "Hot Rod" theme. Seen the car in person and its amazing. :shock:

I saw this a while ago on JZXproject

1927 Ford Model T tudor sedan.

This thing is WILD :twisted:

Do it! With an L28 with ITBs. Paint the cam cover with black wrinkle finish.

L28?Hako engine?You got it!And show us your project pics soon!

sounds like your idea = been done already... hehe

still a major fan of the FJ rod..

while ago..i've seen one hot rod model 'T' i think with shiny Toyota 18rg engine..can't find a picture anymore....if someone have the picture i love to see it..again... :mrgreen: