Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave at NOS2DAYS (Pic overload!)

Dave at NOS2DAYS (Pic overload!)

So a funny story. I planned to go to Tokyo for Nostalgic 2 Days on a whim about a week ago. So I get a ride squared away (my little kei Minica wont get on the highway, haha) and talk my buddy in Tokyo into coming to the show with me (didn't take much). Friday rolls around and the little Minica starts bucking and spitting and making noises so loud the radio can't even drown it out (it's been making noises for a while, but I just assumed it was a drive belt and and turned the radio up). She loses all power and struggles to make up any little hill. Almost dies at stop lights and just sounds like death in automobile form. I beg her to get to work and she does barely.

Once at work I send my buddy in Tokyo an email saying the Mitsu is dead and that I may have to cancel the trip to Tokyo to find a replacement. He says come to Tokyo and borrow my car until you build up some cash to buy a proper replacement (his exact words were "Borrow the Subaru until you fluff up your budget enough to buy a Toyota Century, if you're going to buy a 4 door, do it right." Sold.

So my friend and I bust out Saturday morning at 6 45 and hop on the highway. The highway to Tokyo gives some excellent views of Mount Fuji, just look at that gorgeous mountain!

So we arrive at the show, meet up with my buddy and I make a bee line for the rarest car at the show, the Dome Zero. This car is awesome, and surprisingly small, haha.

Behind it was this race car. I'm pretty sure I heard someone say it was a Dome built car. At any rate, it's awesome!

Saw this nice S30...

Then looked in the engine bay and my jaw dropped. 3 rotor with a massive turbo!

I would kill to drive this thing!

A pair of S800s and respective engine bays.

A nice little Crown.

Packin a 1JZ!

Obligatory slammed Hako!

Orange S30.

The valve cover is camouflaged!

Nice little Bellett. A couple years earlier than mine, but for the most part, the same!

Crazy S30!

With a notchback rear hatch thing!

Toyota 1600GT and a Sunny racer!

More below!

Engine to the Sunny racer.

It wasn't just Japanese steel, the Italians flexed their muscles too! The Miura is one of the all time sexy cars!

Even the door handles are awesome!

The engine is oh so sexy. I love how the intake manifold splits the camshafts!

V12 from the Countach.

Body in white (black?) for a Ferrari 328? Pure sex!

I love this car!

Here's a Crown with a very strange engine swap.

Apparently it's some weird engine that no one has really ever seen. It looks crazy as hell to me, haha!

Absolutely wild SA22C!

The engine was mounted so low it was literally 5 inches or so from the ground!

Sorry for the fuzzy picture/s. The camera did not like shooting indoors...

I'm starting to fall in love with the Hino Contessa. I think they're just so cool looking!

That rear grille is just so good looking!

Pretty normal looking engine except for the exhaust manifold.

It runs a crazy split exhaust! I bet it sounds really unique!

The front end is just so awesome!

A little more Isuzu love!

Little Fellow Max!

Honda N360.

I love how the rear leaf springs mount outside of the car, haha!

Tiny little engine!

That's just pure 80s!

More Isuzu love! I love these cars!

The dash is just so cool!

And the front view is very very sexy indeed!

More below!

From a Bellet, but still an awesome engine!

Love the Midget, haha.

Haven't got a clue what this is to be honest.

Jag XK120?

Pretty engine!

Crazy interior!

I managed to get a nice pic of a Toyota 2000GT interior from the rear.

And the suspension. Looks like it's running a Chapman strut to me.

Aside from the windshield and the leather wrap around thingie, this bike is awesome!

Love that speedometer!

A booth had a video from the interior of this car and it sounded unbelievable. I was completely awe struck by the sound.

So my buddy and I asked if we could see the engine. It was behind the roped off area but he took us there anyways and opened it all up for us. From what I remember, he said it was an S20 engine (naturally) bored up to 2.3 liters with some high compression pistons and big cams. The carbs are MSR carbs and the exhaust was titanium. He said it just barely fit under the regulations of the class he raced in.

The interior was all business. The transmission, still Nissan but definitely not a factory Hako transmission, haha. Was an S15 6 speed close ratio gearbox!

Very spectacular fuel setup.

Just an awe inspiring car!

This thing was utterly tiny.

It was so small I was fairly certain I wouldn't fit in it. By the looks of it, my head would serve as the roll bar, assuming I could stuff my legs into it, haha.

There were plenty of parts for sale as well. First among which was the Clarkson Datsun shirt! They wanted a whopping 150 USD for this thing!

Super gorgeous headers.

Cool rotary parts. The inside of the rotor housing is coated with some crazy gold stuff, not sure what though.

This car is showing up in the parts section because of the very special engine it has.

That's an SOHC L series engine. Only it's crossflow!

The company had one for sale and I'm sure would make up some for a very very large sum of cash, haha.

Awesome!

They were also selling F1 style stand off injector holders and rails for the L series, I believe. Unbelievably awesome!

If you don't like chains on your L-Series, why not swap over to this gear driven setup? Awesome!

After the show we headed back to my buddies apartment and his view of Tokyo is one of the best I've seen!

So the next day we head out, pick up his car and I start the long trek back to Nagoya. On the way back though, as a little cherry on top, I ran into this bad boy. Not the first one I've seen in person, but the first one I've seen in the wild. It looks utterly amazing on the highway!

I gave the thumbs up, he dropped it a gear and stood on it for me. The sound, oh my god the sound under load is something to die for. Perfect little cap for a great weekend!

Had a blast and hope you guys enjoy the pictures!

Cheers
    David

to date, i haven't seen any coverage of this show to compare with your post :tu:
    -Matt

awesome!, thanks for sharing :tu: :tu:

GREAT PICS!!!

Wow! great pics! I love all of the Mazda and Isuzu coverage. The Lambos were a nice surprise as well. Is it okay if I use a few of these on my blog, giving you due credit of course?

great coverage man.

Thanks you guys so much!
    And thank you Matt, that's pretty flattering, haha.
    There were a lot of cars there I didn't get any pictures of. There must have been 10 Toyota 2000 GTs. Because there were so many I forgot to grab a good picture of one, haha.

Camsahft, feel free to use any the pics! Not a problem at all!

Thanks again guys!

Cheers
    David

Just wanted to add, that Dome race car is so cool and futuristic looking. And the Zero is incredible! So jealous you got to see it up close.