Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1986 AW11 Supercharged hardtop

1986 AW11 Supercharged hardtop

Hey guys!
    I'm Simon, from melbourne Australia, just joined up and thought I'd share my AW11

-Power windows/mirrors
    -Lowered with King Springs, TRD adjustable shocks in front, stock in rear.
    -Cusco rear strut tower brace
    -Twosrus urethane bushings
    -Cannon exhaust (loud!)
    -Pulley changed for more boost
    -Pod filter
    -16" 'Performance" wheels
    -Tinted windows
    -Ebay short shifter, Trust/Greddy knob
    -Panasonic HU, Alpine 4"

I've wanted an AW11 for as long as I can remember, so was pretty stoked to pick this up for a good price in overall very nice condition.
    It's my daily at the moment while I fix my Celica GT4 up, and will be used for hillclimbs/track days.

Boston, Assachusetts
    Sweet looking MR2, man. Love the rims.

torrance california
    awsome aw11 man! i will always regret the day i sold mine!

Thanks fellas

I'm totally in love with this car after only a few weeks of owning it, can't see myself selling it!

Kres: I didn't actually like the wheels at first, wanted something more JDM in 15". They've grown on me a bit though and are actually fairly lightweight.
    They are a bit scratched up and ratty looking in real life, would be nice to get them fixed up and re-painted.

torrance california
    you need to throw the suspension setup from the 1988 versions on there the handling is super neutral with an na engine, and the SC is tuned to understeer a lil. id imagine the na setup on an sc would be fun.

It's had a swaybar from a later model fitted, as I know the early SC's didn't have one. Feels fairly neutral>oversteery as it is, wouldn't want it any more biased to oversteer I don't think! Also has a cusco rear strut tower brace which means the rear end is very stiff.

I do need to change over the springs and struts at some stage though, not entirely happy with the current arrangement. Still plenty of fun to drive though!

LaPine, or
    seeing all these mr2s are making me really really wish o could have saved the one my buddy sent to the yard

Sweet a-dub. Welcome to JNC! If you do end up getting some nice 15" 80s wheels post some pics. I think that would look bananas!

I'm always on the lookout for a nice set of Work or SSR style rims, I'd like something either like a Work Equip or SSR Mesh, I've found so many that I like but they are ALWAYS the wrong PCD! Or there are only a set of 2

I'm new to JNC but loving it already! Just bought some stickers to go on my car

Christchurch, New Zealand
    Nice SC, I'd love to get my hands on a hard top manual SC. They're getting harder and harder to find these days.