Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EARTHQUAKE Hits Christchurch NZ !!

EARTHQUAKE Hits Christchurch NZ !!

JNC'rs Let Us Know You're OK :shock:
    -Matt

Hey guys.

It is a really bad day here in Christchurch, my family and friends are all ok ( the ones I can contact that is ) .

No real idea on how many lives have been lost yet, any is too many.
    Our city looks like a war zone, and the aftershocks do nothing for the nerves.

http://nz.yahoo.com/

I have just been watching the news. Doesn't look good and only six months after the last big one.
    I know Kiwi's are generally used to earth quakes (my dad's a Kiwi and experienced plenty when he was a kid) but this is worst than what they are generally used to.

My wishes go out to all affected by this disaster.

Nath

-Matt

hey guys, thanx for the support. been a really bad time lately. death toll is at 75 so far, with at least 300 missing. buildings have fallen down or are about to. weather is absolute crap, with cold, wet conditions all night.

main thing is most people are all right, albeit shaken up and nervous.

will keep you guys posted

for the latest news, Radio NZ have an excellent internet stream as well. their quake coverage has been ongoing since yesterday. Everyone I know is safe and accounted for.

I've visited Christchurch a few times, and being able to recognize certain landmarks (such as a ruined corner store) from the TV footage has been particularly surreal.

Here in Sydney, one of the tv channels has been doing several hours of live tv coverage here so we're able to kep up to date with news there.

Infact it was one of their news readers and camera man that heard that woman calling out for help today and they were able to notify fire crews.

Down under is being hit fairly hard lately with natural disasters.

Nath

Quote Originally Posted by Orion
    for the latest news, Radio NZ have an excellent internet stream as well. their quake coverage has been ongoing since yesterday. Everyone I know is safe and accounted for.

I've visited Christchurch a few times, and being able to recognize certain landmarks (such as a ruined corner store) from the TV footage has been particularly surreal.
    Yeah, I spent a few days in Christchurch a few years back when holidaying in the South Island. The hotel we stayed at is right where all the building are badly hit. I also recognise quite a few of the shops and buildings that have been ruined from it. I understand what you mean by it being surreal.

Nath

I don't pray, but my hopes are with you guys. Y'all ANZAC types are a tough lot, good luck.

thanx for all the kind words guys. knowing people all over the world makes it just that tiny bit easier.

unfortunately as the days go by, its looking alot more grim. the search for survivors has turn into a search for bodies, and the damn after shocks keep coming.

good news is that there is plenty of help coming from all over the place. search and rescue, police and army personal are coming in from the US, britain, japan, singapore, taiwan and australia