Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got 1973 240z

Finally got 1973 240z

Well after not owning any cars except my daily a 2000 cougar . I finally got a 1973 240z. Have been on the market for another classic import for a some time now. Mainly was looking for a corolla "mango" but prices have gone up on these cars here in Wisconsin finding one is a pain. Found a couple datsuns but 2k for a car that needs new floor boards and front frame and trunk pan seems a bit ridiculous. Then I found this. 1973 240z that I got for a great price! Not perfect but damn awesome starting point. Interior is pretty darn clean one small crack on the dash. Motor has a 4bl Holley on it with a aftermarket intake manifold. It def needs a good tune though. I'll be starting from the rear half and work my way to the front. When it gets warmer.

very nice car. looks like a great place to start.

I don't blame you for feeling shitty for driving a FWD Cougar... I'd rather walk. Those things are a disgrace to the Cougar name. :lol:

Congrats, on your new JNC... AND it's a runner. Even better. Looks great, with the powder blue paint and old school slots. :wink: :tu:

...Sounds very "USDM" at the moment, with a four barrel and slot mags :lol:

I always sort of enjoyed the looks of the most recent Cougar though ops: Very not-USDM :mrgreen:

Nice 240Z. I like these. Used to service crew for a guy who rallied one which was done up in the works team colours.

An orange stripe along the bottom of each side to give it an Gulf racing theme. Just a thought.

Nath

Yeah it's def usdm spec ha. Plans are to start from the rear section and work my way forward. Ordering my poly bushing kit next week and finding a r200 (z31). Yeah the cougar is def a girl car. Every 10 cougars I see moving on the road there 1 guy in it and the rest are girls. I do plan keeping the slots style design but going with diamond racing wheels and instaling ZG flares. But that's my last of concern. Body weather striping and odds ends here and there first. Hopefully get it painted in and out before the end of summer. Also under coating. Will be doing a coilover conversion also. Oh the cougar was designed in Europe that's why is a different style

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund

I always sort of enjoyed the looks of the most recent Cougar though ops: Very not-USDM :mrgreen:
    Yeah, that's the GAY part... the last Cougar didn't look like a Cougar, which is all American, it looked like a European reject like a Renault or Fiat. On top of that, they made it FWD. :roll:

You said you like the looks of that gen Cougar... you're not a female are you? lol :lol:

Yeah, it's FWD but i don't expect enough from that kind of car to be let down by that revelation. I think I'd still rather wind up with a Mondeo Cougar than a Thunderbird Coug; I'd rather be gay than drive one of those. And I guess ultimately I'd rather have an early Cougar, were I a fan of those sorts of things, but luckily, I'm not :mrgreen: Human cougars interest me more than the automotive sort.

I do like rather girly cars, though I don't think the Cougar is the girliest thing I could be brought toward liking... I'd drive a pink Cube proudly.

I am gay for Zs. Bronson would be too, and he wears clutch fluid as cologne, calling it "Mandom". So lets have more Z updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund
    :mrgreen: Human cougars interest me more than the automotive sort.
    LOL... as long as they look like Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Lopez, Halle Berry or the star of that show Cougartown, ... Courtney Cox, I agree. I'd pet THOSE cougars all day long. :P :tu: :tu:

Nice Z! Whats your plans for it?