Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tax refund time!

Tax refund time!

For those of us in the States, what is your tax refund buying you this year? Car related or not, share!

First things first, I'm finally buying a better camera - a Nikon Coolpix - and then I'm getting a grill before they're in season and expensive. :lol: After that, I'll be getting my Cutlass, RX-7, and Midget back on the road. I want to stash away some money to buy a certain Sapporo as well.

These have always been fun on other forums, with people giving advice and sharing ideas so hopefully lots of people will participate and I won't look like a huge braggart jerk. :lol:

Re: Tax refund time!

Hmm well depends on how much I get back but probably buy my Hachi back. Well thats if the seller would sell it back to me. :lol: If not maybe a 510 sedan/wagon. I need a DD as my current car is killing me on gas.

Pay off CC's!!! Makes more sense to get rid of my drain so it opens up more money for my cars

May get my gas tank modified for my te72 though.

It's buying me a 72 celica

Go to Japan ~ :lol:

Wish I had a job, and therefore a refund. If I did get a refund it would probably go toward getting my 13x7 steelies welded up and pc'd. Then maybe some race tires for my 14x6 Momo's.

Nah, you don't look like a bragger... we're car guys and it's kewl to share and see what others are doing. I did the same as you.. one year it was a nicer camera, most years it's been buying/building engine and car parts.

Every year, despite what people say about "loaning the gov't free money", I claim zero exemptions so I'll get a "present" come tax time. Some of the refund goes to paying off or down cc bills, and a portion goes to my toys.

Now I'll look like the huge braggart jerk! ops:

A couple years ago the money went for this:

This engine is kind of rare among hot rodders, nobody makes an intake manifold for it anymore (this aluminum dual quad is extremely hard to come by), one company makes headers (in Corona, Calif), and one company makes valve covers (in Australia)

Last year my refund went for this:

I'm gonna sound like an idiot asking this, but what is that yellow engine? :?

No, you don't sound like an idiot at all. Not many people know this engine unless you're a Mopar person. It's a Polyspherical 318, better known as a Poly 318. The design is similar to the Hemi, but it was expensive and heavy, and most people opted to drop in a big block.

I like 'different' and when I bought my 65 Plymouth and learned a little about this engine I decided to keep the Poly. Back in the late 50's Chrysler had a cast iron factory dual quad on these engines.

This is the car it's going in:

Is that company in Corona Doug Thorley Headers?