Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4G62B and 4G52B , 4G54B throttle body questions

4G62B and 4G52B , 4G54B throttle body questions

Hi, i'm newby here at J.N.C. i very much appreciate the technical forums here for quite a while now,,,

so here's my question;

does the 4G52B Starion engine has the same throttle body as for 4G62B Lancer Turbo,,, they seem to be similar throttle bodies,
    coz I'm searching for replacement injectors for my 4G62B engine and i could only come across with Starion replacement injectors..

please advice, more power to Japanese Nostalgic Car..

volks

4G62B from Lancer Ex turbo

4G52B

comparison does it share the same throttle body?

Ummm, none of those engines are 4g52, looks like a 4g63 and a 4g54 at the bottom.

4G6XX engines are belt drive cam

4G5XX engines are chain drive cam

the 4G62B lancer/cordia turbo engine has smaller injectors than the 4G63B starion engine.

look on ebay australia for someone selling a pair of cordia turbo injectors!

All of that series of throttlebodies I have come across have been the same 46mm castings. The flow ratings of the injectors will be different between most of the engines.
    You should be able to swap injectors to get what you need, they will all fit.

g62b injectors

thankyou for your reply Oldcolt,

i guess my dilema has just started for hunting G62B injectors,, hope you can post me the link , on ebay australia who's selling g62b injectors...
    does the flow rate will be a huge issue if i use a starion injectors on G62b engine?
    pardon my ignorance,,, coz i'm still in a process of learning, its my first time to restore an ECI, nostalgic car...use to be a weber carb. user..

here's my Lancer EX turbo project....

Oh that is going to be a real clean car, very nice. with your second picture I was thinking you were swapping into the Mazda.

The Starions that are near you with the G62B in them should be fine, the American Starions before 1987 that have two black injectors also should work, in 87 they went to a primary/ secondary injector and are not compatible with the early electronics. Although two of the primary injectors could work, not proven though.

g62b

@ old colt,
    i guess , have to try to see how it works,,,one last question, i recently acquired a starion ECU, that looks like a Lancer EX turbo ECU, coz it has the same pins and socket , would this be a good combination with a Starion injector and Lancer Ex turbo throttle body?

the miata on the picture is a just customer car, where i had my G62B rebuild , sorry for the confusion,,,,,
    once again i appreciate your replies,,,,

The Starion ECU might have different pinouts. You need to be careful swapping the ECU until you check each pin for what they do. Each year of the Starions over here has a bit different ECU and they do not swap without moving a wire or two.
    If you have the wire diagrams for each you can go over them, pin by pin to check compatibility.

We have two Maitas in this area with RB20 Nissan swaps. I need to get another Miata and swap in a 4G63 turbo. But my wife wants AWD in a Miata.

wow

Quote Originally Posted by Old Colt
    The Starion ECU might have different pinouts. You need to be careful swapping the ECU until you check each pin for what they do. Each year of the Starions over here has a bit different ECU and they do not swap without moving a wire or two.
    If you have the wire diagrams for each you can go over them, pin by pin to check compatibility.

We have two Maitas in this area with RB20 Nissan swaps. I need to get another Miata and swap in a 4G63 turbo. But my wife wants AWD in a Miata.
    that would be a wicked miata if its done,,, hehehehe, o yes my builder told me the miata engine's even with the turbo upgades are still no match with a mitsu g62b ... goodluck on your project...old colt..

ecu pins noted...cheers