Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 1981 Toyota Corolla KE70 - From the UK!! *** Update ***

My 1981 Toyota Corolla KE70 - From the UK!! *** Update ***

Hi all

Im new to this site and just thought Ide show Off one of my older toys!!

Here is my 1981 Toyota Corolla KE70 1300 that I picked up a few months ago!!

This car is so clean and origional, I couldnt believe it when my friend brought it around!

It was owned by an old gentleman that passed away and his family just took his car to the local scrap yard! The guys at the scrapyard thought it was too good to scrap so sold it as a whole! A friend of mine knew i was after something "old skool jap" and when he saw it in the yard he told me about it! To cut a long story short............ Its now mine.

This car has all the O/E parts and lots of bits like Toyota floor mats, tool kit, Books etc and even has some maps from 1981 lol!!

Its in really good condition to and only has some rust on the bottom of the drivers door!! The car looks like nothing has ever been inside it and nothing is used, broken or worn!!

Anyway, heres some pics of when I first got it

Since then, I have started to modify the car slightly but all in keeping with the age of the car!

The first mod was the steering wheel that was in my Nissan Silvia when I bought it (I thought it looked better in the Corolla LOL)

And since then Ive been a bit busy

Some of the grey stonechip on the doors is now white, the rubber door trims are now off and the wheels have now had a bit of a referb by myself! They are now on the car as from today with a lovely set of Yoko boots!!!

Next on the list is to get rid of the rest of the grey crap, sort out the rusty bits on the arches and get the thing slammed!!

The project is slowly ongoing but heres some pics I took over the last few weeks!!

Enjoy.............

Wheel Referb:

Finally On The Car :-) :

Car looks good. Excellent find! Good choice in wheels...now get that sucker slammed!! :tu:

Quote Originally Posted by edz280zx
    Car looks good. Excellent find! Good choice in wheels...now get that sucker slammed!! :tu:
    Yeeeaaayah!

Great looking car mate

Administrator
    Welcome to JNC! Thanks for rescuing that Corolla. It looks great. Hard to believe anyone would just throw it away! Such is the sad state of old Japanese cars I guess.

Cheers for the warm welcome peeps 8)

Yes I know it needs lowering........... Lots........... I am working on it :lol:

I like the wheels too but they are going to be changed as soon as I can find the wheels I really want.................... SSR MKII's!!
    This is my target for how my car will look when its finished...........

Ive also recently got rid of the grey bits front and rear and got rid of a few rusty bits too!!
    Im currently in the middle of doing a head gasket on it and should be done by the end of the week hopefully! Then Ill get back to the looks of the little beasty!!

Oh and Ive ordered some JNC stickers for it too 8)

Keep you all Posted :tu: :tu:

Lookin' gooooood!!!!

Hugely popular to mod these over in my part of the world..... can't believe someone saw fit to just scrap it! It's one of the almost mythical 1 careful elderly owner since new type examples that just don't seem to pop up any more....

Looking forward to seeing it progress, especially if you get your mitts on some Mk II's, they're one of my dream rims for my KP61 too!

Yea There can be a few finds to be had round here as there is a lot of countryside with barns that could contain hidden treasures and a lot of old people too!! I was just one of the lucky ones!! :mrgreen:

Im aware that the KE70 is popular in New Zealand as one of my best mates lives in Nelson Sth Island! Hopefully I should be staying with him in the next year or so and do a bit of traveling while Im down there! Of course Im going to check out the car scene down there and bring back as many spare parts as I can carry LOL :lol: !!
    Hes currently on the case for some twin headlights and a centre consul for me unless you know of any going?? :tu: :tu: :tu:

sweet ride man... hey i'm about to buy one over here at socal too. i was wondering is it hard to find those short chrome bumper? i would like a set when i get mine.

I can get the bumpers at the moment but I dont know how long stocks will last!!

Uncle Silvia, very nice ride you have there....any future plan to mod the engine also?