Thread: fuel injection

fuel injection

Anybody ever fuel injected an N600? :wink:

Olympia, WA
    Not that I've ever seen, but it shoudln't be too hard to do with a single throttle body adapted to fit the stock carb manifold. Or if you actually have two intake ports, one throttle body per cylinder, with a custom manifold. That would be pretty sweet! You could drive it with MegaSquirt, and maybe add a little boost to the stock motor!!! You might be able to get 50-60hp out of one of those little guys! Something like an Extrudabody throttle body would probably be the easiest to adapt.

I know there was a performance kit sold back in the day for these cars. High compression pistons, and a header and I think they were able to bump the car from 36 to 45hp. I guess it would outrun the Minis of the day. Not sure if they were talking the 850(?) minis or the 1275s. The 1275s were quick, so I think it would be a stretch.

Heard rumor of certain Goldwing pistons fitting in there too, other than that haven't heard or seen much else on modifying those motors.

Baltimore, MD
    Yea it would be fairly easy with MegaSquirt. Perhaps look for manifolds/throttlebody off a single cyl. fuel injected bike. A duel manifold wouldn't help because of the way the head is constructed. Its a single port that spits into two inside the head. You could put on the "Hawaiian" head which has two separate intake ports, I hear its a great mod for these little engines.