Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Picnic at Hanging Rock Car -Feb 13- Victoria, Australia

Picnic at Hanging Rock Car -Feb 13- Victoria, Australia

One of the biggest local car shows of the year is coming up just outside of Melbourne ladies and gents.. hopefully some of you can come along. Note it has an emphasis on cars 25 years and older, but if you come in with a group something a little later may well sneak through.

Toyota Car Club Australia (VIC) will be cruising to the event and trying to park as a group. Some details:

Cruise to the event will depart from the BP northbound at Calder Park, leaving 7.30am sharp!

Meet there from 7.00am if you are going to be wanting fuel for your car, or coffee for yourself.

We will leave as a group at 7.30am SHARP! None of the faffing about that some normally do..

Stick together as a group, and just after we turn off the freeway we should stop for a regroup and collect everyone to make it easier for entry as a group.

If we get separated tell the organising guys you are part of a group and head for the oval as that is where we are intending to be.

NE group pre-meet up point - BP Eltham 6am for a 6.30am departure. Cruise to BP Calder to meet rest of the group.

This show is so big some people take a bike so they can get around to see all the cars. Its big!

Some photos from last year are here - http://picasaweb.google.com/adamlaws197 ... ruary2010#

Website for the show - http://www.picnicathangingrock.com.au/

i'm really really hoping to get there this year, with 2 cars if possible.

hope to see u guys there (we'll be in Isuzu Bellett's).
    cheers.

Administrator
    Hey A,

FYI-
    Please note that, effective from 2012, only vehicles pre-1986 (25 years and older) will be permitted to be displayed at the “Picnic at Hanging Rock” event. Vehicles pre-1986 will enter the event via the main gate, whilst vehicles 1987 and later will enter via the spectators gate.The proposed changes of entry will align the “Picnic” with other car shows which only permit vehicles 25 years and older to be on display, and will also address feedback received by the organizers from spectators and members of various other car clubs attending the event.

We would encourage participants this year to adopt this eligibility requirement.

Spectators gate = racecourse parking over the other side in gen carpark.
    So princes, roadsters etc are fine, but we have early and late zed's, Gt-r's etc, so some can park with club and some cannot. We will still go, but daresay our numbers will just be a little down. No issue with their decision- don't want it to sound like sour grapes.
    A 320 ute, 2 roadsters, 2 1200's ...... & a Prince.

Yes its a shame as of next year cars that are with a club won't be able to slip through... but it is what it is.

I wonder if the Gallardo I photographed last year would get let in next year even though its not 25 years old

Whoo hooo this weekend! If I get my fuel tank back in my Celica will be making its "debut"

Administrator
    I'm out - cars not ready. Hope yours is all together in time- take plenty of pics.......
    A 320 ute, 2 roadsters, 2 1200's ...... & a Prince.

I'll be there in the Corona Coupe. 8)

Great day.. I counted 32 Toyotas in our group.. plus there were a few more scattered about the grounds. Not a bad showing really from us!

Here is a few highlights from the day.. all the Toyotas were cool, these were some of my favourites....

How cool is a chocolate brown *E7* I ask you?!

Gratutious self plug

I love these rims.. i am a sucker for polished lip

Tate's Crown just gets better and better.. these rims are farken horn!!

This MS55 is sooo clean. I continue to love this model... do want!

This was gorgeous in its originality

I love a tough Corolla hardtop.. great stance... good looking wheels... flares... love it

and last but not least... how clean is this.. not your average 78 Corolla!

Every Toyota there is in this album here

https://picasaweb.google.com/adamlaw...eat=directlink

I took more of the rest of the JNC... will post those when I get them up.

Here is the rest of the JNC stuff....

Mazda Luce

Mazda 808..very clean

Left hooker!

All the rest are here

https://picasaweb.google.com/adamlaws19 ... directlink

Quote Originally Posted by Go Baby Go

25 years and older to be on display 2012, and will also address feedback received by the organizers from spectators and members of various other car clubs attending the event.

We would encourage participants this year to adopt this eligibility requirement.

So princes, roadsters etc are fine, but we have early and late zed's, Gt-r's etc, so some can park with club and some cannot. We will still go, but daresay our numbers will just be a little down. No issue with their decision- don't want it to sound like sour grapes.
    There was only 1 Roadster, no Prince's (that I saw).

Hell if the NDSOC ran this rule this year, within it's organised cruise (of a massive 8 cars - 2 of which were mine and including a very interesting Bellet) there would have been 5 cars flying the club flag.

Well done to the Toyota Guys and Gals, they showed how it's done club wise. That white Crown, sensational.

Hot Rods, Kit Cars and Replicas will be allowed in 2012?

Shouldn't it be "VEHICLES OF INTEREST" on show?

Just passing comments.