Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dinosaur Rex: My 86 CRX Si

Dinosaur Rex: My 86 CRX Si

After getting this 86 CRX Si a few years ago and some tinkering here & there, especially from being a complete basketcase....Heres how it sits at the moment. The JDM fan bois and Herra frush crowd probably wont embrace it... Quite frankly I dont really care :mrgreen: , as I built it for my enjoyment and wasnt trying to be trendy with it anyway. The only thing left to do is more suspension work and I may get bigger brakes so I can start autocrossing and doing some HPDE soon.

Before:

After:

At the moment:

Got my new wheels...

Lovely CRX. :tu: Not a fan of the Kosei Snipers but that's just a personal thing - you did a fantastic job on the build.

I like it, The good thing its that trends come and go but this crx it wont

Hahahaha damn just remembered it was 2011 and that 86s are now considered jncs. Anyways lookin nice I like the way you went with it.

Quote Originally Posted by liquid51
    Hahahaha damn just remembered it was 2011 and that 86s are now considered jncs. Anyways lookin nice I like the way you went with it.
    yup i was really looking forward to my crx becoming a jnc but it was totaled a week before the new year :cry: on another note i really like this crx and i hope you get many more years of enjoyment from her! :tu:

Quote Originally Posted by Camshaft
    Lovely CRX. :tu: Not a fan of the Kosei Snipers but that's just a personal thing - you did a fantastic job on the build.
    Thanks. The Snipers look similar, but the wheels are actually Kosei Grand Infest D5s. Im actually looking for a new set of wheels, since tax season is right around the corner.....

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo i.
    I like it, The good thing its that trends come and go but this crx it wont
    Thanks. Just trying to keep it clean and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by liquid51
    It went through a few phases, but I finally decided on this. Yeah I cant believe these are at or around 25 already!

yup i was really looking forward to my crx becoming a jnc but it was totaled a week before the new year :cry: on another note i really like this crx and i hope you get many more years of enjoyment from her! :tu:
    Sucks to hear .
    But please, find another one while you can. These are such fun cars to drive. :tu:

Quote Originally Posted by flashmatrix
    Quote Originally Posted by Camshaft
    Thanks. The Snipers look similar, but the wheels are actually Kosei Grand Infest D5s. Im actually looking for a new set of wheels, since tax season is right around the corner.....
    Lots of cool oldschool rims are coming back. The Rota Hayashi Street copies or the Enkei J-speeds (especially with red-painted centers) would look incredible on that car. Great wheels never go out of style. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by jdmda7
    Whats all done to the EW engine?
    Not too much, just a little here and there..

Hedman Chikara Header
    DIY Mild Port & Polished T/B,Intake Manifold and head
    Gude Performance Bullfrog Street cam
    NGK plugs and wires
    AEM adjustable Cam Gear
    DIY Intake w/K&N
    Tuned with an Apexi SAFC
    Crush Bent 2.25" exhaust with hi flow cat and a Thrush glasspack right behind the cat
    Hidden Nitrous kit in gym bag with a lil 50 shot (for those rare occasions)

Will be going OBD1 on this motor and tossing out the SAFC for further tuning and a P28.

Picked up some new wheels. Although not what I originally wanted (14x7 Enkei RPF1s), I picked up a set of 15x7 Drag DR21s. Im using the rest of the money to take my kid and wife out this weekend to a theme park and pay some bills..... Anyhoo, heres the pics.......

That looks badass. :tu: 8)