edit: this started as a cheap car to go and do fund raising rallying in, somehow I got distracted. Read on though!
ex Ian Mavric 13B PP 929/RX-4 track day car, currently getting stripped of all of it's circuit racing parts and getting rebuilt with road/dirt bits instead.
things I need to do asap:
- buy decent jack stands that are lightweight, yet properly made (ie not supercheap rubbish and not ones that weigh a tonne either). Suggestions?
- tyres - suggestions? I need something for road and dirt
- dampners/springs/balljoints - again, suggestions on brands? I want to steer clear of noltec but can anyone recommend any brands that are available for 929/RX-4s? The last time I rebuilt a Mazda front end I had to use a combination of Roadsafe and TRW balljoints and the Roadsafe ones were useless.
It has a roll cage but this will be coming out as I don't like how the cross brace is positioned, I would be hitting my head on it. I'll also be refitting interior panels and carpet (if I can find them)
to do list:
- pull out the rotary crossmember and refit a piston one
- fit a 1800cc motor and 5spd
- fit a standard diff
- fit some trailer over-rider bars I have for the rear leaves
- front end rebuild
- rear dampners
- find and fit wagon interior parts
- find and fit some front panels and other external bits
- rego it and do some events.
I also bought a parts car a few weeks ago, the shell is rotten but the front guards, grille, front apron and most importantly, the interior are in great condition.
I'm going to start swapping parts over this weekend.