Well I am a long time follower, first time poster on this site.. Since this is where the true enthusiasts hang out I figured I'd post up my Rx2 8)
For anyone who doesn't know the car.. it is a JDM Rx2 'Sport' Coupe with special 'Sports Kit' options.
The Sports Kit options listed below.
- Factory Mazdaspeed twin distributor bridgeport engine (in pieces, chrome missing off one housing)
- Nippon Kakkai 44mm carby (in storage)
- Sports kit oil cooler (Mazda Factory Race) and MFR oversize radiator - both recently overhauled
- Factory fitted 5sp (first seen in Aus in Rx5)
- 4.1 Mazdaspeed LSD
- Factory fitted Smiths oil pressure guage
- Large 'Race' fuel pump
- Factory 260 kph speedo :shock:
Other items of interest:
- Original 38,xxx klm's on clock
- Original interior (plastic still on doortrims)
Car is currently off the road due to the original engine missing chrome on one housing when I pulled it down for a freshen up
- Custom coil over front struts with camber/castor tops and externally adjustable Koni's
- Custom Koni externally adjustable rear coil overs.
- 13x7 Watanabe rims with Toyo R888 Semi slicks fitted
- Volvo front brake conversion (custom twin master system getting made so as not to modify firewall)
- New 12A twin dizzy bridgeport engine well underway - hopefully ready in next 2 weeks.
- Engine bay painted, brackets etc cad plated and all new bolts.
- CR Needham 5sp Rx5 type box currently being rebuilt.
Spirit of the car will be to Australian Historic Group Nc regs, and will be used mainly for track days, sprints and hillclimbs.
An important note is that all mods to the car will be able to be undone, and the car converted back to its original spec without issue.
Will post up some pics soon as it sits in the garage!