Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My JDM Rx2 'Sport' Coupe

My JDM Rx2 'Sport' Coupe

Well I am a long time follower, first time poster on this site.. Since this is where the true enthusiasts hang out I figured I'd post up my Rx2 8)

For anyone who doesn't know the car.. it is a JDM Rx2 'Sport' Coupe with special 'Sports Kit' options.

The Sports Kit options listed below.

- Factory Mazdaspeed twin distributor bridgeport engine (in pieces, chrome missing off one housing)
    - Nippon Kakkai 44mm carby (in storage)
    - Sports kit oil cooler (Mazda Factory Race) and MFR oversize radiator - both recently overhauled
    - Factory fitted 5sp (first seen in Aus in Rx5)
    - 4.1 Mazdaspeed LSD
    - Factory fitted Smiths oil pressure guage
    - Large 'Race' fuel pump
    - Factory 260 kph speedo :shock:

Other items of interest:
    - Original 38,xxx klm's on clock
    - Original interior (plastic still on doortrims)

Pictures:

Car is currently off the road due to the original engine missing chrome on one housing when I pulled it down for a freshen up

Mods:
    - Custom coil over front struts with camber/castor tops and externally adjustable Koni's
    - Custom Koni externally adjustable rear coil overs.
    - 13x7 Watanabe rims with Toyo R888 Semi slicks fitted
    - Volvo front brake conversion (custom twin master system getting made so as not to modify firewall)
    - New 12A twin dizzy bridgeport engine well underway - hopefully ready in next 2 weeks.
    - Engine bay painted, brackets etc cad plated and all new bolts.
    - CR Needham 5sp Rx5 type box currently being rebuilt.

Spirit of the car will be to Australian Historic Group Nc regs, and will be used mainly for track days, sprints and hillclimbs.

An important note is that all mods to the car will be able to be undone, and the car converted back to its original spec without issue.

Will post up some pics soon as it sits in the garage!

Simon

As she sits now.. Just waiting on some new windscreen squirters before putting on the scuttle panels, some vibration washers for the radiator and oil cooler (with MFR OC it mounts on the radiator in front rather than below as the height of the rad is much taller) and then its engine time!!

Very nice original car good luck with the racing!

Such a clean original car! Thanks for posting. :tu: Thanks for the info about the sport package, it seems the more I learn about old Mazdas the more I like them.

thanks for showing us the car, I'd love to see more pics of things like the speedo and other things that are different. I remember I read in a old issue of road and track or motor trend or some other old magazine that in japan the RX2 came with a sport package, but I assumed it was just a suspension upgrade based off what I read. I would love to know more about the sport option.

thanks for showing us the car, I'd love to see more pics of things like the speedo and other things that are different. I remember I read in a old issue of road and track or motor trend or some other old magazine that in japan the RX2 came with a sport package, but I assumed it was just a suspension upgrade based off what I read. I would love to know more about the sport option.

Looking good Simon! 8) Hope you find some time this year to get her finished.

Cheers,
    Danny

Quote Originally Posted by L10B
    Looking good Simon! 8) Hope you find some time this year to get her finished.

Cheers,
    Danny
    It will happen Danny, I am absolutely gagging to drive it again.. Been close on 3 years since I last drove her!!

Ask and ye shall receive!

Busy afternoon..

Put the original booster and master cylinder back in rather than waiting on my custom setup, as now I will be running in the engine myself (engine is getting built on east coast of Australia, I'm on the west coast ).. So standard brakes will suffice. Basically, I'm getting itchy feet and am hanging to drive her again!!