Thread: 1983 Mazda 323

1983 Mazda 323

Hi all, i've been lurking around here for quite some time, you've probably seen my daily driver in Hirsts meet pics.

Its a 1983 Mazda 323 1.3l 5spd brought from spottedlaurel at the begining of this year to replace my dieing '89 Nissan micra K10 and has been my University transport ever since.

some pics when i first got it:
    lots of brown!

i've have done very few mods to it mainly because it its my daily transport and i have a '72 Triumph that eats the rest of my money :lol:

how it looks now

Administrator
    Welcome to JNC! Ain't nothin' wrong with brown. It screams old school, unlike today's decompression chambers slathered in black cowhide.

Good to see you and my old 323 here Mat!

This car was bought by me as a p/ex which had come into a Hyundai dealer I was doing some work for, usually they send stuff off to auction but they must have felt a bit of pity for this one. It was one owner from new, an elderly lady who was having to change cars due to the need for PAS at the age of 88!

I didn’t have it for long, but liked it a lot. I’m keeping my eye on a similar one in town where I work, the old lady has my number and we sometimes have a chat. Also strongly considered buying a GT version which Ratdat then ended up with.

Administrator
    It's too bad old people here tend to gravitate towards giant Cadillacs, Lincolns and Buicks. They're usually great stewards.

Quote Originally Posted by ben
    It's too bad old people here tend to gravitate towards giant Cadillacs, Lincolns and Buicks. They're usually great stewards.
    The biggest percentage of my old Japanese cars have come from older people. Previous owner of the Accord was 88, 3dr Accord's owner was 77 (he'd bought it off his nearly-90yr old brother), I could go on and on. I suppose smaller cars are preferred by them here - cheaper to run (remember our fuel prices!), easier to park etc. I think they liked the reliability of Japanese cars too.

thought i might update this:

fitted GT steering wheel:

from this GT found on a nearby farm

and most recent addition, some Compomotive wheels.

i wasn't to conviced with the gold so now they are going to be refirbed in silver