Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 1960 prince skyline

My 1960 prince skyline

I recently just acquired a us model 1960 prince skyline. It is in pretty good shape and will try to see if I can get it running soon. I guess that it was running two years ago. It came with a bunch of extra parts. I have tried to research it but there is very little knowledge on 1st gen skylines.

YUS! An ALSIE-1

You freakin' legend! Dead keen to see more pictures of it. It looks in awesome shape, certainly better than my S21 (last of the 1st Gen.)

Man, so jealous!

Wow just wow, that is all kinds of awesome. I was half expecting to see some old pics of a random Skyline, but congrats this is 10x more cooler. Good luck with her hope to see more pics also.

Congrats! Whats the story behind her?

US Spec?! We want more details! She's beautiful!

I really just kinda found it. The guy I bought it from said that his dad used to drive it around town. He traded some stuff for it. The original owner story was that he got it shipped over from Japan. I dont know if I buy that story but it is possible I guess. They did make them there. It was also full of spare parts. These parts are multiple colors of paint which makes me believe he had found at least two others cars in his journey. It has old national parks brochures in the glove box. Hey Kyteler I have been looking at your sight alot lately. Do you know anything about that pink car? you also have alot of info about this car? I have a scan of a usa test drive from the 1960's I found. I am just looking for all the information I can find.

I've never come across any information at all that claims they were made in the US. Happy to be proven wrong though. The only US information I've found is that one snippet which shows the 600 fresh of the boat from Japan, in San Francisco.

All I know about the pink car is what's on my site, I've not heard any more on it specifically and indeed yours is the only other ALSIE in the US that I'm aware of, at all and as you may have seen I have already thrown an entry up about it It made my morning seeing a survivor.

Definitely keen to see more of the information you have with it and have collected and I'm happy to share whatever I can with you, that you may need.

A real find! Congratulations on your new purchase. That is a rare car indeed - I don't think I've seen a LHD Prince before.

Please share more pictures and knowledge as you come across it.

Just a random bit of useless info. The ALSIE and ALSIE-L (which is what this one is) are 20mm shorter than the domestic variants.