Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vin Locations on Kenmeri?

Vin Locations on Kenmeri?

I'm trying to sort out an incorrect Vin on a KenMeri I am trying to purchase. In order to get things corrected, I need to know where the other Vin locations are on the car.

The Firewall Vin has been modified and the Engine is no longer original. Where on the frame or body are there any other VIN stampings?

Thanks for your help!

Hi there.
    If this is the car I'm thinking of, the firewall stamping should read "KHGC110xxxx" Has the "H" been modified to a "P"?..anway the parts catalogue says the firwall stamping is the only V.I.N. marked on the body. There is a removable "type plate" or car number plate attached to the firwall, but once again, if this is the car I suspect a new plate was made with the KPGC prefix in lieu of the correct KHGC prefix.
    Does it look like this?

Thanks to classicZcars, Ah I see you posted there as well!!:wink: :tu:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/s...hlight=kpgc110

Jim.

Gabe!

How's it going? Yes GT-R380 is correct. The firewall & the trim tag are the only locations. I also went outside to check if the passenger floor had a stamping like in the c10. Unfortunately there is nothing.

Is this the beat Kenmeri I was seeing all over eBay not too long ago?

Re: Vin Locations on Kenmeri?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Tyler
    The Firewall Vin has been modified
    Run away! Run away!

Looks like this has been sorted on another forum.

(Edited erroneous information, so as not to confuse anyone. See Alan's post for a more accurate explanation of VINS)

Quote Originally Posted by xs10shl
    Just for posterity, I'll mention that any KPGC110 code with a chassis # above the 200's is almost certainly a fake. These cars are getting valuable now so this will not be the last one we see.
    Actually, that's not technically correct.

Nissan didn't actually sell the first ten numbered bodies ( they were used as 'test mule' and 'crash test' cars, and were supposed to have been destroyed after that ) and the very lowest numbered KPGC110 to be sold was KPGC110-00011.

Then there were some gaps: KPGC110-00012 was not sold to the public, but KPGC110-00013 was. Then there was a jump to KPGC110-00023 ( I'm told a 'special' customer reserved this significant body number before production... ) and then proper sequentially-numbered sales started at KPGC110-00051, and on up - without any gaps - until KPGC110-00245.

The fact that they go above KPGC110-000197 might initially surprise us, but it is explained by the gaps in numbering. Such gaps can be seen in other Nissan models of the same period, and are fairly well documented - so shouldn't be too much cause for concern.

The fact that every single one of the 197 KPGC110s sold to the general public was documented a long time ago should be it's own warning to fakers. Owners of real cars are looking out for any 'lost' chassis that suddenly pop out of the woodwork, and if any such car does suddenly turn up from decades of oblivion then it had better have a good paper trail to back up its provenance.

Nothing wrong with lookalikes or replicas as long as they are honestly done, and nobody tries to pass them off as The Real Thing.

Alan T.

Run away my friend, this is a fake car that has been floating around for ages. If it's the one I think it might be, it's a Australian spec 240K coupe with a few GT-R bits added check the classicZ car forums a few years back on this. Here's a link that will help out a bit more.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/show ... hp?t=29117

Administrator
    As all the others have mentioned, there are forums all over the shop regarding this car. The seller of that vehicle, is also a JNC'er here.
    A 320 ute, 2 roadsters, 2 1200's ...... & a Prince.

Makes sense. I thought of that, and I was trying to give myself a little breathing room by saying "above the 200's", believing that 299 vins would probably be enough. I must confess, I don't really know if there isn't maybe a a "#301". Any ideas how many are in the 300's or beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by HS30-H
    Quote Originally Posted by xs10shl
    Just for posterity, I'll mention that any KPGC110 code with a chassis # above the 200's is almost certainly a fake. These cars are getting valuable now so this will not be the last one we see.
    Actually, that's not technically correct.

Nissan didn't actually sell the first ten numbered bodies ( they were used as 'test mule' and 'crash test' cars, and were supposed to have been destroyed after that ) and the very lowest numbered KPGC110 to be sold was KPGC110-00011.

Then there were some gaps: KPGC110-00012 was not sold to the public, but KPGC110-00013 was. Then there was a jump to KPGC110-00023 ( I'm told a 'special' customer reserved this significant body number before production... ) and then proper sequentially-numbered sales started at KPGC110-00051, and on up - without any gaps - until KPGC110-00245.

The fact that they go above KPGC110-000197 might initially surprise us, but it is explained by the gaps in numbering. Such gaps can be seen in other Nissan models of the same period, and are fairly well documented - so shouldn't be too much cause for concern.

The fact that every single one of the 197 KPGC110s sold to the general public was documented a long time ago should be it's own warning to fakers. Owners of real cars are looking out for any 'lost' chassis that suddenly pop out of the woodwork, and if any such car does suddenly turn up from decades of oblivion then it had better have a good paper trail to back up its provenance.

Nothing wrong with lookalikes or replicas as long as they are honestly done, and nobody tries to pass them off as The Real Thing.

Alan T.