Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kanji windshield banners

Kanji windshield banners

Any of you guys know where I can find those kanji windshield banners on alotta Garuchan/Shakotan/Bosozoku cars?

I wanna get one for the 81 "wedge" Corona. They look like this...

Thanks, for any help, guys

There is very little chance of finding a sign shop that has a Japanese font set in their computer and an employee who can read Japanese.

However, you can create the design for the sticker on the computer, using word processing and photo editing programs, take the design to any sign shop, and have them die cut the design in vinyl as if it were a photo of an object.

You would need to create the text in a photo editing or translation program, and be confident that the translation is correct and written like a native would speak it. Select the correct Kanji for the exact meaning.

Adobe Photo Shop will allow you to paste Japanese text into a raster image. You will be able to select the font, which will probably be one of the limited default Windows fonts, like Mincho. The default fonts look more like brush strokes and are very feminine in appearance. You might be able to find free download Japanese fonts on the internet. I could not find a really good one and ended up buying a font package that included four variations of Hesei Kaku Gothic, which looks like the Japanese counterpart of Arial or Helvetica. It is very modern and masculine in appearance and works in all of the Windows computer programs. The top two windshield banners look similar tot his font.

Use a very large file size. A large number of pixels for the height and width of the image and a large font size for the text that fills the image. The larger the file and image, the higher the detail of the lines in the letters.

Use Photoshop to save the image file with the text in the format that the sign shop wants. Provide them with a disk. Be prepared to pay their fee to process the artwork and turn it into line-art. That fee covers only that exact image, so the next Japanese text you want them to make into stickers will involve another fee.

Hmmm, this is true but i always wondered what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by JT191
    There is very little chance of finding a sign shop that has a Japanese font set in their computer and an employee who can read Japanese.
    Yeah, I kinda figured that. I didn't want to go to a sign shop, and have them look at me like I'm from another planet. lol

I've tried Ebay, places that sell JDM parts, etc... to no avail.

I actually like the gold banner with the kanji lettering on it. I think I saw it on a black and gold Cresta... but can't seem to locate the pic. I think it was on Auto Otaku or something.

ive wanted one too just been to lazy to get one made haha not sure what u want it to say but if u want something generic "暴走族" is "bosozoku" and "シャコタン" is "shakotan". dont quote me 100% on that i dont know a word of japanese but that just what i'v gathered from huntin down parts on YJA

Quote Originally Posted by yellow_sub
    ive wanted one too just been to lazy to get one made haha not sure what u want it to say but if u want something generic "暴走族" is "bosozoku" and "シャコタン" is "shakotan". dont quote me 100% on that i dont know a word of japanese but that just what i'v gathered from huntin down parts on YJA
    Thanks, for the kanji translations. That's okay... I could care less what other people think or if they understand or not. I had the subway ring hanging on the back of my 84 Cressida, and people tried to figure out what it meant, every time I pulled into a gas station. lol

Alotta people will really be puzzled, when I mount the front mounted oil cooler to the bumper ... unless they are JNC fans of course. lol :P

Mine says "Kiss my a$$!" :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by JunRaymond
    Mine says "Kiss my a$$!" :mrgreen:

Aye, I'm liking that. :P :tu:

Your kanji would look nice against a colored background. 8)

haha thats awesome. clean car by the way also

Re: Kanji windshield banners