Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulsar fender mirrors on a VW Rabbit?

Pulsar fender mirrors on a VW Rabbit?

Hi all, I'm wondering if you think it would be viable to put these fender mirrors on my mk1 Rabbit.

My main concern is whether the hood would be at the same angle. Otherwise they may not be able to be adjusted right.

It would kind of further the zokusha theme.

Also, if you have pictures of those mirrors on a car (I assume N10 or N12 Stanza), I'd love to see them.

Maybe these are them? It's all blurry.

Thanks in advance for your input! :mrgreen:

Tyler

You mean, like this...

I noticed you are Shakotan/Garuchan/Bosozoku-ing your Rabbit. Is that a new thing in the VW community?

I've seen alot with deep offset rims, slammed stance, roof racks, fender flares etc on a few old school Audis and VWs... but find the use of fender mirrors(never seen em on German cars... just Japanese and a few British cars) and Boso pipes, a lil unusual on a VW. lol

Although, I like the direction, where your project is going. :wink: :tu:

I love old Stanzas, but I never find any info on them anywhere. Weird. Where did you find the pictures and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by KresSlyda180
    You mean, like this...

I noticed you are Shakotan/Garuchan/Bosozoku-ing your Rabbit. Is that a new thing in the VW community?

I've seen alot with deep offset rims, slammed stance, roof racks, fender flares etc on a few old school Audis and VWs... but find the use of fender mirrors(never seen em on German cars... just Japanese and a few British cars) and Boso pipes, a lil unusual on a VW. lol

Although, I like the direction, where your project is going. :wink: :tu:
    Thanks for the photo- I've had a hard time finding photos. And thanks for the kind words!

The VW scene is getting into the deep dish wheel thing, and "Down and Out", as in low car, low offset. Most of these people do it just because they think it looks cool, and have no knowledge of bosozoku. I've noticed DTM tips getting more popular, but they've been around awhile.

I've found there are three predominant opinions about me and my car:

1. Effin retarded ricer sh*t
    2. Offbeat but original
    3. Totally awesome

Basically, I'm one of the only VW people doing this. I don't follow trends. :tu:

Though, if you look up "olipirate" on VW forums, I know he is into the JNC/bosozoku stuff too. He's got a tsurikawa hanging off his static slammed Formel E. I beat him to the exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Camshaft
    I love old Stanzas, but I never find any info on them anywhere. Weird. Where did you find the pictures and stuff?
    I found the picture in the OP in a Nissan forum about classics. It had some pictures of Cherries and some other stuff too. Try searching Nissan N12. I'm interested to see where KresSlyda found that picture though!

Moved to OT, doesn't really belong in the Datsun section... :P

I've seen alot with deep offset rims, slammed stance, roof racks, fender flares etc on a few old school Audis and VWs... but find the use of fender mirrors(never seen em on German cars... just Japanese and a few British cars)
    viewtopic.php?t=12355

Oh, and personally I think the mirrors on that Audi would fit the Rabbit better. :tu:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DATSUN-NISSAN-1200- ... 230367f4c2

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOYOTA-STARLET-K...item3cb2ff6d94

OOh! These look very close to the stock Rabbit units. Whichever one I choose, shipping's gonna kill

Quote Originally Posted by datsunfreak
    Moved to OT, doesn't really belong in the Datsun section... :P

I've seen alot with deep offset rims, slammed stance, roof racks, fender flares etc on a few old school Audis and VWs... but find the use of fender mirrors(never seen em on German cars... just Japanese and a few British cars)
    viewtopic.php?t=12355

I've seen that Audi, before, it is awesome. I'm also liking the Diamond Racing rims, on alotta cars... not only are they inexpensive, they can customize them to your order.

I know, alotta JNCers(myself included) are into period correct JDM rims... but looking at the way they complement some cars, is making me consider them as an option.

Yeah man. I just scored some 13" Rabbit wheels widened to 7". Best of all, they're not welded in yet so I can choose exactly what offset I want.

What do you guys think would be a proper boso zoku tire stretch? 175's? 155's? :tu:

155s to be "proper", but 175s are way more sensible. :mrgreen:

Honestly, we put some 185/70-13s on a 13x7 and it was still quite a stretch. I had to help the tire guy to get them mounted. They couldn't figure it out... :P