Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Nice '73 1400 GL!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Albany, NY USA
    Posts
    95

    Nice '73 1400 GL!

    There is a really sweet 1400 GL near me in Rensselaer, NY. I saw it again at a Hemmings cruise in Bennington, VT this summer and met the owner. He stopped by at the shop I work at yesterday and I took these pics.






    Only 61-k and check out the factory tach too!











    You rarely ever see these cars any more and never in the northeast!

    Mike

  2. #2
    Guest
    That is not a 77', more like a 72' or 73' based on the dash and bumpers and tails. It's is hella clean though. I am restoring one of these and hope mine can turn out this nice.

    Mark

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Albany, NY USA
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Datsunrides
    That is not a 77', more like a 72' or 73' based on the dash and bumpers and tails. It's is hella clean though. I am restoring one of these and hope mine can turn out this nice.

    Mark
    Thanks Mark, you're absolutely right. It's a '73. I was confused for a moment because a friend was just telling me about a '77 B210 he saw near Boston.

    Does your GL have a factory tach too, or is it unusual to see those in this car?

    Mike

  4. #4
    Guest
    While not anywhere near an expert on these (or any!) cars, best I can tell all coupes of theses years came factory with a tach. I think it would be rare to see a tach in the same vintage DL. So what's the story on this one? Is it an original survivor or has it been restored?

    Mark

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Albany, NY USA
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Datsunrides
    While not anywhere near an expert on these (or any!) cars, best I can tell all coupes of theses years came factory with a tach. I think it would be rare to see a tach in the same vintage DL. So what's the story on this one? Is it an original survivor or has it been restored?

    Mark
    This car's been repainted yes, but it was never rough. They just freshened it up I think. From the pictures it looks like it needs a carpet though, but the dash and interior are excellent.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bekasi, Indonesia
    Posts
    69
    what is a reallly difference with mine below? we call it SUBARU GSR




  7. #7
    Guest
    :shock: :shock: :shock: I LOVE that red car! I don't know exactly the difference between our GL's and your GSR. Never got them here. I believe it was mainly sport suspension, dual carb, and maybe rear disc and 5 speed? Body wise they are the same.

    Mark

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Albany, NY USA
    Posts
    95
    Sweet GS-R!

    Can we see under the hood please?

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Datsunrides
    :shock: :shock: :shock: I LOVE that red car! I don't know exactly the difference between our GL's and your GSR. Never got them here. I believe it was mainly sport suspension, dual carb, and maybe rear disc and 5 speed? Body wise they are the same.

    Mark
    GSR got the hottened 1400 Twin Carb motor, Fitted with improved heads.
    Hotter cam in the earlyer 72 to early 73s
    Sports exhaust.
    Different ratio Gbox.
    Brake Booster.
    Only front disks.
    Sits approx 10mm lower than GL.
    I dont know if they did to the suspention.
    Funny thing was that it was one of the best handling cars ive driven :shock: :P
    Speed about 100mph.
    My GSR was completely orginal and I got it to 92-95mph about 4 years ago in the middle of No where.
    Also fitted with racing stripe down the side.


    The RX1400 Came with rear disks and 5 speed gbox.
    Ive never seen a RX1400 ever

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Albany, NY USA
    Posts
    95
    Intereting! Thank you for those details.

    Mike

Similar Threads

  1. Craigslist ad: 1981 Celica 'vert - $1400 - Machipongo,VA
    By oldeskewltoy in forum Ad / Auction Finds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2015, 02:11 AM
  2. Mitsubishi Lancer 1400 SL (100% ORIGINALLE!) INDONESIA
    By Xxdeetoxx in forum Mitsubishi Garage
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2013, 08:08 PM
  3. 1971 subaru FF-1 $1400
    By voytko240 in forum Ad / Auction Finds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 01:46 AM
  4. My 1979 Lancer GL 1400.
    By ThomasMu in forum Mitsubishi Garage
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 02:33 PM
  5. '74 Subaru 1400 2-door, So-Cal, $3900
    By Stationwagonguy in forum Ad / Auction Finds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 11:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •