Thread: Non-JNC Build Threads

Non-JNC Build Threads

By far my favourite part of the JNC forum atmosphere is our build threads. Nowhere else online will you find a more dedicated, detail-oriented group of enthusiasts. Our unique style of outlining even the tiniest details of a build provides not only an entertaining read, but an invaluable resource as well. A lot of us are interested in other, non-JNCs as well, and it would be great to see this style of thread for something like a newer Nissan or an old Triumph, Chevrolet, or Alfa. What about a separate forum, for members only, where they could share their build threads for anything else they may own?

off topic works? maybe..

Re: Non-JNC Build Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Camshaft
    What about a separate forum, for members only, where they could share their build threads for anything else they may own?
    Actually, one of our loyal JNC members has already built something like what you describe. :tu:

http://www.build-threads.com/

Quote Originally Posted by datsunfreak
    What about a separate forum, for members only, where they could share their build threads for anything else they may own?
    Actually, one of our loyal JNC members has already built something like what you describe. :tu:

ooo good reading material, thanks datsunfreak!

thanks for dropping the link most appreciated.

always on the look out for submissions guys!

I've got a couple things in the works, the roadster has taken most of my time and $$$$ lately, but things may start moving again on my '59 Alfa Sprint project. Hopefully I will have that on the road by this time next year. I'm not holding my breath however. :roll: I thought it would be on the road by now this time last year. :?

Will

Quote Originally Posted by anth

thanks for dropping the link most appreciated.

always on the look out for submissions guys!
    I like your site, its very well thought out.

there are a few good build ups on performanceforums.com, but I too am on the look out for some "stage 2" muscle car build ups, basically muscle cars from the 60's and 70's with period go fast bits and wheels etc, but all I can find are what is known as "g-machines", ie stuff with mini tubs etc (which I hate). Any good links out there?

I think its a good idea, i ended up joining a vw forum not because i am overly fond of them (there growing on me) but because of the extent that some of the vw enthusiasts go to restoring there cars, and i thought mazdas were rusty :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by ewokracing
    I like your site, its very well thought out.

there are a few good build ups on performanceforums.com, but I too am on the look out for some "stage 2" muscle car build ups, basically muscle cars from the 60's and 70's with period go fast bits and wheels etc, but all I can find are what is known as "g-machines", ie stuff with mini tubs etc (which I hate). Any good links out there?
    Thanks for the kind words I read performance forums regularly, definitely some great builds there. Since you mentioned G-machines I'm guessing you'd be aware of the Pro Touring forums? http://www.pro-touring.com/forum.php Pretty similar to G-machines, so not very period correct. The H.A.M.B is all about period correct stuff, but it's more based around 30's-60's, so the content might be a bit older than what you're looking for http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/

Anth

yeah, gmachines, corner carvers etc. the problem is that a) muscle cars seem to attract a wide array of morons, here in aus as well and b) I have no interest in multiple camaros with the same crate engine, diff, gearbox, mini tubs build up.

HAMB I liked but half the posts made little or no sense, something I've noticed on a lot of US forums, even Hemmings, the level of literacy is extremely poor. That's why I really like JNC!

I do like some of the gasser stuff on the HAMB and some of the bikes on jalopy journal, but maybe I should stop complaining and make my own forum :lol:

Cheers
    G

ps my forum list (im a whore)
    performanceforums
    ausrotary
    ozdat
    jdmstyletuning
    jalopyjournal
    jockey journal
    gear
    old ford barn
    hamb