Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: modified mag

modified mag

has anyone picked up this months modified mag? it has a two page article on Hako's and tuning the carbs. i didnt pick it up and now its sold out, if anyone picked it up would you scan that article and post it up?

thx :twisted:

oooo interesting it has a tuning carbs article along with the Hakos. If I see it, I will grab it!

if you pick it up, PLEASSSSSSSSSEEEEE scan those two pages and post them up??

i will grab it tonight, i saw it last night but didnt have my wallet.

awesome!

I've got the article... but no working scanner currently. I think the article may be a let down in that it doesn't specifically address how to tune a carb and nothing to do with Hako's specifically either. Instead it's a general article on how carb's work, with a picture of a Hako. Still a good read if you don't know anything about carbs and want to.

What you should be keeping an eye out for is the magazines over there! Like Nostalgic Hero and especially G-Works (G-ワークス). G-Works is what I prefer, it has a lot of tech articles, granted you need to know, or know someone who knows, how to read Japanese, but it's often got info specifically for your car/engine. I picked up a few on this last trip and one's got basic info on a Solex 44 carb vs a Borla TWM2910 (fuel injected throttle body), with pics showing both on an old Nissan L28.
    It's kinda funny, there was a revival period where everyone was ditching fuel injection and carb'ing engines, but now it's starting to go with fuel injecting previously carb'd engines. Even a lot of the local old hot rods around here I found fuel injected.

Quote Originally Posted by KC30
    I think the article may be a let down in that it doesn't specifically address how to tune a carb and nothing to do with Hako's specifically either. Instead it's a general article on how carb's work, with a picture of a Hako. Still a good read if you don't know anything about carbs and want to.
    I agree when I first read this thread I rushed to barns & noble hoping to read some good carb info. It was a big let down when I saw it was so short and gave very basic info. Regardless Im glad they are making more of an effort to bring to light there is more to classic cars than just owning one & driving it.

boooooo thought it was going to be more informative, sorry for the let down. i do have a TON of Gworks mags, and nostalgic hero. i definitely cant read kanji though, so im thinking about having my japanese friend translate some of the articles.

not modified mag but thismight be of interest to you folks

Quote Originally Posted by strmrdr23
    not modified mag but thismight be of interest to you folks
    Yes!! I will have to pickup my copy this weekend.