Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My NEW car -- RX3 content

My NEW car -- RX3 content

Here are a few pics of my RX3- SP. Hope to have it on the street by spring and up for a big road trip to Seven Stock.

ggg

looks like a solid start for a fun project. what are the plans?

You wouldn't want to sell it would you? I have a 77 SP that WAS mint until it was totaled 6 days after I bought it. It is orange and has the whole SP package on it unlike yours. Where did you find the car? Is it a 77,or 78?

It has been local (SW Missouri) for about 20 plus years. I had a chance to buy it about 20 years ago and did'nt. It came back around and I had to get it. It has some rust scattered around, lower rear quarter on pas. side, some in the fender lips, some on the nose cone etc.

It is a 77 and did not ever have the "SP Package" and for some reason had a half vinyl top??? I am pondering smaller bumpers, earlier taillights, small flairs, front and rear spoilers. I have most of the fiberglass parts now and have the ability to make what I don't have.

Probably a 13b is in its future also.

The goal is to make a "nice" daily driver. In addition to driving it out to Seven Stock (2011)from Missouri.

Mazda605, I saw your post else where.... That sucks.... right now I am not interested in selling and I am not sure what I have would be a good fit for you do to the rust....

I'll be watching the build on this one closely. I love RX-3s, but I'm out of space for cars so I'll have to live vicariously through you on this one.

So is this a proper SP or are you building a replica of one?

"proper" if you mean is it an actual SP...Yes.
    It had a half vinyl top dealer installed when it was new and never had the spoilers and decals. I am a bit torn right now as to restore it or personalize it?
    I am leaning towards 13B, lowered, respray in a bright green, spoilers and small flairs.

I have waited a very long time to purchase this car. I want to make it mine not restore it thinking all the time of what is it worth.

ggg

Do it! Lime green, Yanky Mate syle with a 13B is the way I'd build mine, anyways...and I have impeccable taste.

Quote Originally Posted by rotomx5
    "proper" if you mean is it an actual SP...Yes.
    It had a half vinyl top dealer installed when it was new and never had the spoilers and decals. I am a bit torn right now as to restore it or personalize it?
    I am leaning towards 13B, lowered, respray in a bright green, spoilers and small flairs.

I have waited a very long time to purchase this car. I want to make it mine not restore it thinking all the time of what is it worth.

ggg
    Good on you.
    far too many people build a car depending on other peoples opinions.
    Not everyone wants a Concours restoration, build your car the way you want it, and drive the shit out of it.
    Good luck with your build.

There is a video on You tube I think ( can't find it right now) Of a RX3 from Aussie land that is sitting in a driveway idling, bright green, etc... That is a bench mark for my build.

I can only hope I hit close to the quality of the lads from down under.

I think if I did a resto I would be disappointed with the car and myself and move on to another project....

My goal is to have it move under it's own power by Jan. 1 We will see, and I will update as much as possible.

ggg