Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 79 LC Lancer (Celeste/Plymouth Arrow)

79 LC Lancer (Celeste/Plymouth Arrow)

I bought this recently off another sigma-galant.com member.

As you can see, the paint is not original and dash has some large cracks in it. It needs a little bit of work to tidy/finish off but it does have some good stuff. It has come with Sigma 2.6 front struts and discs with heavy duty lowered springs.

I was working on restoring a '76 Galant/Colt sedan, but this car came along and now the Galant/Colt project has come to an end.

What I'm looking for is some feedback.
    I'm looking at fitting a set of rims the same as what are on my wagon to it. I want some rims with large offset to fill out the guards, the ones on the car just don't do it for me, the style is good, but the offset is terrible.
    Here are the wheels I'm thinking.
    I'm thinking silver with polished outers or matt black with the small lip around the outside polished... Any thoughts?
    Silver

Black

The rims are 13x6. I have some 175/70 tyres to go on them (trying to use up what I have first), I just want to polish paint them first before I get them fitted.

Another sigma-galant member came over yesterday and we tried his 15x8 sportmax rims on it.

I like this look but the 13x6's look terrible painted this way with black centres (sorry didn't take a pic). It makes them look really small.

Personally, I like the Sportmax better. :tu:

That is a really big car for 13" wheels. I'd at least look into 14" wheels, but that's me. :mrgreen:

echo says 14's or 15's
    -Matt

Part of the reason I want to go 13's is because no one else wants to?

I think big offset 13's are cool., and I seem to remember comments from this site to the negative of the large rim phenomena, Or does that start at 16 inches and above?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the feed back, but for now I only have the 13's to put on it. I may look into others in the not to distant future? But for now, what is the best option for colours of my 13x6's on the car in the colour it now stands (orange/black)?

I plan to sell the 14x6's that are on the car, I have a buyer. I just don't like them on this car, the offset is all wrong. They would be more suited to a Gen 1 Galant/Dodge Colt, that have much smaller wheel arches.

Quote Originally Posted by 75wagon
    I seem to remember comments from this site to the negative of the large rim phenomena, Or does that start at 16 inches and above?
    Most of that venom is for the 16-18" wheel crowd, or directed towards those who put 15s on tiny little early Corollas/1200s, etc.

But you won't hear it from me. I'm okay with big or small wheels. 8)

what is the best option for colours of my 13x6's on the car in the colour it now stands (orange/black)?
    I think black centers with a polished lip will look best. :tu: :mrgreen:

Very nice score. I like the paint color and scheme too. Nice to see another Celeste/Arrow on the forum too. :tu:

Quote Originally Posted by 75wagon
    But for now, what is the best option for colours of my 13x6's on the car in the colour it now stands (orange/black)?
    I can't help it - I like the look of bright wheels; either chrome or polished aluminum/magnesium. I think bright wheels look better with your particular paint scheme too.

Cool car! :tu:8)

Had a bit of an issue with this today. The cam belt slipped 4 teeth and put the timing out so it won't go. Looks like the belt tensioner was way too loose. There doesn't appear to be any damage to the belt? So far. I will attack it tomorrow and take the belt off and have a good look at it. The belt looks to be ok, no cracks and reasonably fresh looking. I'll line the marks back up and adjust the tensioner.
    Hope it works?

Timing belt sorted. Everything back in it's proper place and running better then before. :tu:

Here's what I'm doing now.
    After getting no love for the 13's (I've posted pics on sigma-galant.com as well). I've decided to go for a larger wheel.
    I pic them up today, can't wait to see what they look like on the car.

This is what I got http://www.rotaaustralia.com.au/rota...s_p1047297.htm

Yes I got gloss white ones just like in the pic, bit of a backflip on the black or silver. I may get sick of cleaning off brake dust real soon I'd say....?
    I couldn't get this wheel any smaller then 16x8 so guess what size I got? 15x7 or 15x8 would have done it really...

Should be able to get some pics up tomorrow.
    I plan to run 205 45 16 tyres on them.
    What colour nuts should I run? Any suggestions?