Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Project S30Z (my Swiss Datsun 240Z 1972)

Project S30Z (my Swiss Datsun 240Z 1972)

Say Hello

Im 27 now and im from switzerland and have a love for JDM cars. i allready own two other japanese cars (later models) but with this particular one i kind of fulfilled a dream i had for quite a few years now.

i was looking for a Japanese car that has a little scene and has a lot of parts avialeble, because it's my first restoration project.. i searched quite long and after i saw a few Z's a the steckborn classic hillclimb i decided it should be a ZED.

after long searching and looking over several years i made a garagefind and found another garage-find who was for sale on the internet.. the red one (my garage-find) was completely stock but hadn't been used for about 10 years. it had replaced fenders (a few years ago) and was repainted in greed. both engines didnt work... also it was a bit expensive as the first owner still owned it and kind of lost is heart to this car but wasn't able to restore it...

The second one was a good price, it was allready painted in white (sadly in a really not-fitting flashy pearl-white) lik i wanted it to.
    the car was rebuilt a few years ago but the prevous owner never completed it and due to standing around for a long time it had severall small damages and surface-rust. but the complete big rust spots have allready been repaired and the complete car has been repained. all the rubber parts and bushings have been replaced a few years ago, as well as the suspension struts. all footwork has been sanded and powdercoated. the exhaust mainfold has been metal-plated so it won't rust agian. and the engine has been rebuilt.. also it hasn't got a sunroof as most cars in switzerland (done afterwards..) and the dash isn't cracked. also complete exhaust system has been replaced a few years ago. good things

but well the bad things:
    front and rear has a dent (well i get new bumpers with the car ), carbs are missing. interieur is horrible selfmade-thing. (Kind of shoe-shop carpet, with blue plush headliner and camouflage decoration... horrible :P

well and of course a lot of parts are missing. but i think it's still a very good base for a restoration.

car comes with a 260Z intercooler (very good shape), with a OEM shiftknob (at the monemt an alfa-romeo item is mounted...), a new front lower bracket, a new rear bumper, a rear wing and rear window cover, a set of almost new period-correct könig reclinging racing seats with rails and a set of new mesh-wheels with new tires - great

i managed also to get all the documents an papers from the previous owner. great

i thought i make a new post for adding the pictures, but due to i'm new i need two other pots to post picters.
    this is the second one..

here it is.. in a few weeks i will pick it up and bring it home into my garage

the plan is to rebuild it within a few years with period-correct parts. i'd like to make it a bit sportier than it is so maybe the engine and exterior will get a little sport-treatment, but we'll see..

first i'll have to get the car towed homewards, next i will try to strip it down at home then i think a chassis / Paint-guy will need to check what needs to be done and after that is done i think i will need to assabmle the car to my dream car... we'll see how it turns out and how much time i'll need

I'll keep you updated..

otherwise my blog should be daily updated:
    http://s30zproject.wordpress.com/

oh damn. the pictures are quite big in here, I'll try to fix that soonn..

yes, little bit smaller size pictures would be nice

are maybe an auto picture resize tool in het forumsoftware..

here we go - pictures have been resized

here we go, i added a few more pictures, so you can see all th e small damages...

Damaged front lower bumper thing

Pulley seem to be a bit rusted :P

Paint chipped on the headlight surrounding

Mesh wheels (new) that will come with the car...

the könig reclining seats

rear damage (new bumper will come with the car)

tank lock

front suspension

trunk inside (see the blue plush... sucks!!)

ignition wires and more parts missing. paint on the valve cover
    sucks too....

new exhaust in the back

front damage close-up

more from the horrible interieur-job....

the almost new s60Z radiator that i will get with the car too

nice find! the carpet job is horrible indeed

You should send that carpet Stateside, to the infamous Yuta...nothing goes with Sharpie'd fenders like some '80s carpet. :tu:

good find, you have your work cut out for you though. The red and gold underneath the car is interesting. Are there many parts locally for your build, or will you have to find most off the net?