Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 610 wagons FTW!!

610 wagons FTW!!

To introduce myself My name is Jeff. No datsun right now, but hopefully a 510 or 610 will be in my hands in the near future. i do have a S13 with fully built KAt, but honestly S13s and drifting is all going down hill in my view.

Anyways! I attended JCCS this past weekend and its a shame I never went there before. I was amazed at how many 510s there are out there running strong and still being loved. But what realy caught my eye was the 610s. I never was a fan (probably because I didnt know what they were) but after seeing them.... *Druuuuuuel*

there was white coupe with crazy wheels and two wagons that were for sure the coolest wagons in the show by far. One had Independent rear which I thought was on baggs... but nope... someone corrected me and told me it was coilovers and i was in disbelief until I shoveled my face into the grass to see. The other wagon was less wild, still really low, but was hiding an SR under the hood (which was held up by a Hello Kitty bottle!). Oviously showing off but to only those who really look into what cars really have.

JCCS Opened me up to a whole new breed of datsuns.... its too bad I search a bit the past couple days and there are NO 610s for sale!!!!!!!!

Anyone know these guys??? Im hoping for some help

-Matt

Re: 610 wagons FTW!!

Quote Originally Posted by JKs13
    JCCS Opened me up to a whole new breed of datsuns.... its too bad I search a bit the past couple days and there are NO 610s for sale!!!!!!!!
    And they probably won't any time soon. They are way more rare than just about any other old Datsun. They didn't sell well when new, and still aren't very popular, so...

Anyone know these guys??? Im hoping for some help
    What help? :mrgreen:

I know of a 610 Coupe here, if you can travel? If you want a 610 bad enough, I do see some travel in your future anyway, so... :P

...Saw those at JCCS, it's always nice to see a 610, good examples all 8)

Though I was a bit disappointed that there weren't any with the earlier loop grille.

Love 610s, coupes are one of the classiest Datsuns ever made IMO, I have no idea really why they apparently were unpopular from the get-go... But then again the 510 has always been a bit bland for my tastes With a 610 you get a 510 with more swoopy.

It's a shame that there aren't more (enough) to go around

610s are rare i know because i had to find a replacement for my totaled one sorry cant help you find one i dont know of any for sale

thnx! yah i figured these 610s are definitely hard to come by, although if I am not mistaken, I heard that the Wagons are a little easier to find, which is what I am now looking for. The 2 I saw at the show really inspired me. I searched around and found a few pix of them, and I think it seals the deal on what my next project will be!
    probably wont be as cool as these, but hey I can always try and show'em what I got come JCCS next year!
    *crossing fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by JKs13
    thnx! yah i figured these 610s are definitely hard to come by, although if I am not mistaken, I heard that the Wagons are a little easier to find
    Somebody lied to you. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund
    Love 610s, coupes are one of the classiest Datsuns ever made IMO, I have no idea really why they apparently were unpopular from the get-go...
    Because they weren't a 510. :P

They were bigger, heavier, more luxurious, and more expensive. Personally I think that last one was one of the biggest problems. It came out at roughly the same time as the B210, which in most people's eyes was a better "replacement" for the 510. Similar size, price, appointments, and even better MPG. They sold seemingly a billion B210s and there's plenty of those left around. :tu:

America just wasn't ready for that car. It didn't sell well until the end of it's run. You mentioned the lack of cars with the early grill, it's because there's an even greater lack of early cars. Almost every one you see for sale is a '74 or a '75, and I'm betting its because more of those were sold new.

Regardless of whether you are/were a fan of the 510, it was an insanely popular car that they sold nearly half a million of in this country alone.

That second wagon was just in the last superstreet. Its is absolutly awesome would love to find a datsun wagon for myself and one day it will happen. Gl with findin ur 610 as well

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund
    Though I was a bit disappointed that there weren't any with the earlier loop grille.
    Wait, weren't both of the slammed wagons sporting the early grill/front end??? :P

i think he ment the coupe grill

and i know i have the late model fenders on it my early ones need work and these late ones i already had and they were straight car now has late grill on it to match and the early one is on the wall waiting till i get my early stuff straight