Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1965 Debonair project BEGIN!

1965 Debonair project BEGIN!

Bought this today, picking it up tomorrow

Better pictures to come.

Cant believe I scored this car, Good story on it. I will post it a little later today. Wonder if ther eare any others in the united states. I'm picking it up tomorrow. Will get better pics

All the trim is there and in boxes. To say the least, I will be getting serious on this car. Gonna do a complete frame up restore. Has the ke64 nptune inline 6 105hp!

I think this suits the thread.

awesome find!! :tu:

been doing a littler research. I know it's a a30 chassis code. Not sure on the end letter. I'm guessing a30a maybe. I found a parts list on yja I should try and buy. It's been stored for almost 30 years I guess. Hopefully all the trim pieces are in good condition.

I need to start collecting good pictures of the a30 interior so I can get something put together down the road. If anyone has decent interior pics post em up.

What the?? How on earth did that end up in the States? OMG I hate you right now haha

yeah thats what I was thinking.

Short version of the story. Some top executive from japan had it when it was new over there. He retired and loved the car so much he brought it with im. He retired in the states. I believe washington. He died and another guy bought it who was a friend of the guy I got it from. He drove it back I believe in the early 80s then the brake master went out and he couldnt find a part to replace it with. It sat for a bit then he donated it to a museum. thats when the guy I bought ti from started loking for it. Took him 8 years to track it down. The museum decided not to restore it so they auctioned it off, and it wasnt even listed but he decided to check the auction. He bought it then it has sat in one of his storage units for the last 10 years. I guess the guy I bought it from has 40 cars, and quite a few very rare euro imports.

Anyhow I will be gtting pictures of the car from the 1970s when it was first coming off the ship when the old japanese guy brought it onto us shores. Cant wait

Seems like this early model si quite rare even in japan. ost debonair pictures you find are a33 which would be the 70s model I believe with the g54b.

This is what this model should look like, or very very close to what I have. It's a a30e. So tht ails are quite different from the 70s model.

AMAZING! There is a little part of me that hates you right now There is a bigger part that wants to see the build on this thing!!!

I should have a good turbine season this fall so, should be plenty of money to get what needs to be done, done right. I'm going to try to keep the interior original. I'll probably have to source a few parts from other cars. I'm glad tos ee the bumpers look to be in awesome condition.

This is completely awesome! Got a great back story too!
    Can't wait to see you start tearing into it.
    Definitely keep us updated!

man! wasn't that gto mr from wa state too??
    -Matt