Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: finale

finale

anyone here knows all the final gear ratios for all rear drive mitsus and their designated models?, like 3.89 comes from model xx with 5 speed

and which are interchangable with other models, lets say 4.22 from 84 lancer to be fitted on a 74 galant with 3.89

8)

all models? :shock:
    -Matt

uhm 84 lancer should share the 170mm diff with the I believe galant lambda, and sigma I believe? 74 galant is smaller I think.

You should just ask what gears you want and what ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by matt
    pretty much, if possible, or perhaps only those interchangables

Quote Originally Posted by motorhedz01
    That would be about an hour of writing.
    There are 3 different gear sizes in the cars, 170, 180, and 200mm.
    In the 170mm common in the smaller cars as well as all 2 liter and smaller AWD platforms you need to watch for light and heavy gearsets.
    The ratios commonly available in 170mm axle Mitsubishi's are 2.86, 3.308, 3.54, 3.89, 4.22, 4.625, 4.88 & 5.38.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Colt
    Quote Originally Posted by motorhedz01
    That would be about an hour of writing.
    There are 3 different gear sizes in the cars, 170, 180, and 200mm.
    In the 170mm common in the smaller cars as well as all 2 liter and smaller AWD platforms you need to watch for light and heavy gearsets.
    The ratios commonly available in 170mm axle Mitsubishi's are 2.86, 3.308, 3.54, 3.89, 4.22, 4.625, 4.88 & 5.38.
    thanks, the only ones i'm aware of are 3.89s and 4.22s, its because recently i swapped(and counted them out of curiousity) a 4.22s from a lancer boxtype differential(ones with rear disc brakes) to 76 colt galants 3.89s, along with a 5 speed trans from i dont know what mitsu it came from and there was a slight difference from the old 4 speed, the shifter move backwards about two inches(the crossmember also moved but the chassis had provision) but the tranny is of the same length as the driveshaft fits the same position, i'm wondering too if there is a tranny that will fit excactly and from what car(mitsu) it would come from?

i'm wondering too if there is a tranny that will fit excactly and from what car(mitsu) it would come from?
    What engine are you working with?

i'm wondering too if there is a tranny that will fit excactly and from what car(mitsu) it would come from?
    What engine are you working with?
    4g32(timing chain), the thing that i mean excactly is the shifter/gear lever position, i got no problems with the bellhousing and mountings/support/crossmember, all is good except for that, i had to cut and fold the floor an inch to clear some space for it ops: 8)

The little KM118 5 speed is the best transmission for that. It is the one with the two upper mount holes on the left side so it will bolt to both a G32 or to a standard narrow block such as the 2L engines.
    And yes the shifter is back a little bit on most of them. Kind of a PIA if you have a console but otherwise the shifter opening needs to be adjusted.

The little KM118 5 speed is the best transmission for that. It is the one with the two upper mount holes on the left side so it will bolt to both a G32 or to a standard narrow block such as the 2L engines.
    And yes the shifter is back a little bit on most of them. Kind of a PIA if you have a console but otherwise the shifter opening needs to be adjusted.
    not quite sure about the two upper mount holes but i'll try to check them tomorrow morning, also, i read that there is a 5 speed 76 galant, though i think its the 2 liter(4g63), will that transmission from 4g63 fit the 4g32 and vice versa?, the 5 speed for 4g32 to 4g63?, cause we're planning to swap the 4g32 to 4g63(from an L300) later.