Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questionable Wheels?

Questionable Wheels?

I know others differ, but to me putting non-period wheels on a car looks a bit strange sometimes. Here's two examples from yesterday. Both Toyota, and I suppose you could argue the wheels on the Supra work, as it always was a car of questionable taste to start with...

Not sure the same can be said about the Soarer though. I suppose I was in Kawasaki... But, hey, what do I know, as think this looks kinda kakoii - pink shirt going nicely with the baby-blue Maxam:

Neko.

The Super Advans on the Mk3 Supra work extremely well for me, if I was being honest. But then I am quite a fan of those particular rims.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoozin
    The Super Advans on the Mk3 Supra work extremely well for me, if I was being honest. But then I am quite a fan of those particular rims.
    same here. and they are pretty period correct. they are only off by a few years.

Yeah the super advans are awful but appropriate.

Thing with 'period correctness' is people don't modify cars much when new. most 'period correct' tuning trends for a particular car are likely to have their roots a few years after the car's introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by seventhskyline
    Yeah the super advans are awful but appropriate.

Thing with 'period correctness' is people don't modify cars much when new. most 'period correct' tuning trends for a particular car are likely to have their roots a few years after the car's introduction.
    Ugly though they may be, that's a good point, and one I'd not thought of previously... Neko.

The SC looks good, VIP status.

I hate three spoke wheels.

-Robert

cool

I'd say, it would totally depend on the wheel.

In all periods, there are good looking wheels and ugly looking wheels, so the ugly looking wheels would always make the car look strange. Whereas you might be able to pull off a non-period correct wheel if it looks cool.

They're not as bad as HSV GTS-R wheels

Talking about period correct wheels, one style I'm not a fan of is putting huge 20"+ chrome wheels under 60s muscle cars. Just looks terrible IMO. Seems to be unfortunately common though.

I think most people into JNC have it pretty right.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by e-at_me
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoozin
    same here. and they are pretty period correct. they are only off by a few years.
    Agreed. They look good on all the big turbo late 80s, early 90s RWD machines. FC/FD RX-7, S13, MA71, JZA80.