Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Forumer from the Philippines

New Forumer from the Philippines

Hello and Good Day from the Philippines in southeast Asia!

I was looking through the interweb for a site to cater to us old school japanese enthusiasts, and I just chanced upon JNC. Wasted a lot of time reading through all the previous articles and found them quite interesting.

I currently drive a TA22 1972 Celica, and i have been bitten by the bug, as i'm sure most of you have.

My friend got me into this, he drives a rare 1981 2 door corona, or as we know it in the Philippines, the Corona Macho Machine, it's still with it's original color, refrigerator white and he is the 2nd owner since his grand father handed it down to him.

I also have a 2nd car, my "daily driver" its a 1996 S14 Silvia Zenki Q's with an engine swap to put in a turbocharged sr20det

I work for the first and only Lexus Dealership in the country, which lets me be around cars all day long.

The Philippines is actually a great country for old school restorations, we have no shortage of old japanese cars, we have Starions, Colts, Celicas, Corolla SRs, Coronas, celestes, lancer box-types all around... I was even offered once by a used car salesman to get a non-restored 240Z absolutely free if i purchased his fully restored Ford Mustang with a ford Racing V8 (it was 1 million pesos, roughly 21000 US Dollars, i didnt have the cash then, thats why i ended up with a silvia). We also export restified Fiat 500's to Japan. We take in rust buckets and a company here actually restores them to full working condition.

The Philippines is a great place to own an old car, there is no shortage of parts and people; people whose expertise involves old 70's and 80's automobiles and with drifting taking off locally, there is no shortage of 80's RWD corollas and go-faster parts for old cars like my celica

It's very fun

Hoping to post more soon, so i can post pictures of my cars

Very interesting! Any more information on the Fiat 500 restoration program? I've always been really fond of those cars. Do they upgrade the cars as well or just restore them to stock specification? Where do they source the cars from?

There always seems to be a lot of classic Japanese car stuff going on in the Philippines, and there's a lot of members on JNC from there as well.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Stationwagonguy
    Very interesting! Any more information on the Fiat 500 restoration program? I've always been really fond of those cars. Do they upgrade the cars as well or just restore them to stock specification? Where do they source the cars from?

There always seems to be a lot of classic Japanese car stuff going on in the Philippines, and there's a lot of members on JNC from there as well.

Welcome!
    From what i know, they are imported then restified with modern drivetrains and air conditioners then exported around the world. they are worked on in Subic bay, in Zambales.

I noticed that there are a lot of Filipino forum members here, i chanced upon some of their posts.

Thanks for the welcome!

My cars:
    Celica 1972 TA22 with 13T, lots of work to be done

My Friend (who got me into the vintage car craze) and his Corona "Macho" Coupe 1981 in refrigerator white, his family is the first owner, and it has never left their hands

My "Daily Driver" a 1996 S14 Silvia Zenki with SR20DET

Awesome cars, welcome home. :tu:

Quote Originally Posted by NSR_s30
    Awesome cars, welcome home. :tu:
    Thanks!

No problem man! :tu:

cool cars oh and welcome

another celica! :wink:

welcome btw, cant wait to see more pics and details about your celica

Administrator
    Nice Celica. Welcome to JNC!