Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Motorsport- no more !

Toyota Motorsport- no more !

Toyota has renewed it's focus towards all corporate motorsport activities. Officially the focus now is all on Racing. The new initiative is now simply called- Toyota Racing.

This signifies that all activities worldwide come under closer control of Toyota Japan.

Kind of surprising seeing as the other companies are pulling out of motor sports all together. Cool to see Toyota sticking with it.

Re: Toyota Motorsport- no more !

Quote Originally Posted by groupb
    Toyota has renewed it's focus towards all corporate motorsport activities. Officially the focus now is all on Racing. The new initiative is now simply called- Toyota Racing.

This signifies that all activities worldwide come under closer control of Toyota Japan.
    I'm curious as to where you read or heard this, as I've not seen it on any official Toyota sites... :?

It was decided more than 2 months ago....

just wait for all the "Toyota Motorsport" logos disappear.....

actually Toyota has cut their Motorsport budgets bigtime, and this is like consolidating various departments (internationally) including the US

an unfortunate result is that there will be no more Race of Champions for Monterey Speedweek

Quote Originally Posted by groupb
    It was decided more than 2 months ago....

just wait for all the "Toyota Motorsport" logos disappear.....

actually Toyota has cut their Motorsport budgets bigtime, and this is like consolidating various departments (internationally) including the US

an unfortunate result is that there will be no more Race of Champions for Monterey Speedweek
    I know Toyota is making cutbacks in a lot of places, including motorsports, but I'm still curious as to the exact source of your info. :roll: I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but without a quotable source it's just hearsay.

As for the Race of Champions - are you referring to the Toyota Race of Legends which took place in 2007 and 2008 at the Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races? If so, in 2006 Toyota signed up for a 3 year contract with Laguna Seca as the Presenting Sponsor of the Monterey Historics, and that ended in 2008. Toyota did not have plans to sponsor the 2009 or beyond seasons.

he himself could be the source or he could know an insider, so he may not wish to divulge his or his sources's identity :wink:
    -Matt

better than a quote.....
    watch the Grand Prix in your neighborhood this weekend!

as you know Toyota does not make a habit of announcing things straightout- specially in relation to Motorsports...Racing

the 2009 Race of Legends was on the table for this year, a budget was in the works to do it- officially cancelled just 2 months ago

a shoestring budget was proposed but still not approved

Quote Originally Posted by burabuda
    he himself could be the source or he could know an insider, so he may not wish to divulge his or his sources's identity :wink:
    True, but in order to clarify things he could mention something in that regard and still remain annonymous :wink:

Sorry if I sound in this regard, but it bugs the crap out of me when people talk about stuff but they can't or won't back themselves up with proof. I could start all sorts of rumors that way... :lol:

I'm all for news from an inside source, but here's a guy with 4 posts total and we have no idea who he is or how he may be privie to such info. I'm not trying to start a rant, but I would like to be able to know more about this...

yes, he is being a bit mysterious in his delivery isn't he?
    -Matt

I think you should not judge by the amount of posts..
    sorry, I do not do much forums....

but it is very interesting, how this simple topic can cause anxiety....

my email address should give you a clue!