Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tsurikawa

Tsurikawa

hey fellas im new to the forums but i am a subscriber. ive seen the threads and have pm'd some guys, but i cant seem to source a tsurikawa. i really want one, and i am like totally obsessed. can someone help me out, please. :?

For those who don't know, what the heck is a "tsurikawa"?

Oh the hand rings..

Please click here :tu: : http://www.japanesenostalgiccar.com/...er=asc&start=0

:wink:

thanks for the link bro, unfortunatley i cant seem to have any luck. i sent you a pm earlier, i was hoping we can work something out if you are able to get one one these? i did as much research as possible but toyotageek's out of them i tried pm'ing another dude still nothing, and i cant read japanese nor do i have a yahoo.jp account you know, if you can get a hold of one for me and ill pay you for the item and shipping plus for your trouble, it would be greatly appreciated, since you are in the philippines i would imagine they are easier to come by. :|

They are a little hard to find... looking for a few of the heart ones for my girl. I notice that most people on Japanese Yahoo auctions do not ship to the US.

I have one in my 810 but I'm not so sure it's really authentic... the strap is nylon. The others I see have a plastic/vinyl strap or possibly leather.

The one's with the nylon straps are fake or I should say, cheap reproductions of the real thing (so are the heart and other odd shaped and colored ones). The real ones usually have thick plastic or leather straps. Here are some real ones... http://www.flickr.com/photos/23216729@N ... 800183780/
    I bought mine from one of the Tokyu Hands in Tokyo. The store had about a dozen of them at the time. They were deligated to a corner on the sales floor that had hobby stuff, along with a bunch of other authentic train/subway bits and pieces. And yes, most sellers on Yahoo Auction Japan won't ship outside of Japan, but you can use a service like Rinkya to buy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotageek
    The one's with the nylon straps are fake or I should say, cheap reproductions of the real thing (so are the heart and other odd shaped and colored ones). The real ones usually have thick plastic or leather straps. Here are some real ones... http://www.flickr.com/photos/23216729@N ... 800183780/
    I bought mine from one of the Tokyu Hands in Tokyo. The store had about a dozen of them at the time. They were deligated to a corner on the sales floor that had hobby stuff, along with a bunch of other authentic train/subway bits and pieces. And yes, most sellers on Yahoo Auction Japan won't ship outside of Japan, but you can use a service like Rinkya to buy stuff.
    so are the ones on the yahoo japan auctions authentic? cause they look pretty close or are they replicas. i dont mind the cheap strap, i can always use a leather one with some rivets. but i still want a authentic one, but i suppose the replicas can do until you can get a hold of some mike.

I'll have a look at Yahoo! Japan and see if I can get a friend there to buy some. First, I need to know how to spell tsurikawa in Japanese..

Quote Originally Posted by eye_cue45
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotageek
    so are the ones on the yahoo japan auctions authentic? cause they look pretty close or are they replicas. i dont mind the cheap strap, i can always use a leather one with some rivets. but i still want a authentic one, but i suppose the replicas can do until you can get a hold of some mike.

They are authentic "Replica's"... Aftermarket if you will, but people still rock 'em. The REAL ones can only come off of a subway train... which all the OG guys got theirs from...

These are two of the three that I had. They were real and they were used...

more for your pleasure:
    Tsurikawa Blog
    Tsurikawa Search Yahoo Auction Japan