Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1971 Corona Mark II Wagon

1971 Corona Mark II Wagon

Hello all, my name is Kyle and I am new to JNC and here is what I just picked up. (pics tomorrow when the sun is back around)

Story goes my buddy was the middle man in a purchase of a all original stock (with the addition of a/c) 1971 Corona Mark II Wagon. It was picked up from the original owner (old lady) in so cal and was to be shipped to Washington. Well the guys in WA decided they did not want it. So it sat in the desert until I found out about it and almost a year later I found time to pick her up. I fuelled my Subaru and rented a tow dolly and towed her home over 100 miles last night.

I am planning on making this a daily driver again. I build rally cars and my Subaru is only 2 years old and on its second motor....I beat the crap out of it! So I am here seeking info, etc and will share the resto will you all.

Sounds great. There was one of these on Craigslist for 3000 too. Very cool looking cars!!!

Administrator
    Welcome to JNC!

Looking forward to the photos

Thanks for the welcome, pics to come shortly. :mrgreen:

Photos

Now I am no photographer but I did manage to get some pics. Sorry for the sub par quality.

I think my girlfriend and I have officially named her Aunt Edna!

As best I can tell the brown on the rear of the back seats is from the sun bleaching the black. I have 2 of the original hubcaps, original owners manual and hand writted service log from the mid 70's to the mid 90's....lots of interesting info in there.

I'm actually not sure if I am going to go the direction of a resto or a newer fuel injected engine??? Open to suggestions. Paint will be easy as there is little surface rust and my girlfriends dad does custom paint and is already excited about the project. Again open to suggestions on color. And I am hoping someone can lead me in the right direction for front disc swap.

Thanks!
    Kyle

Administrator
    Looks to be in great shape for its age and not being particularly treasured. Love the name :lol:

I'm trying to keep this as a weekend project. Soooo I threw a few hours at Aunt Edna today. I removed the a/c compressor and the unit under the dash. The compressor was a major pain as it was pretty obvious that it was aftermarket. Plus to fit the unit under the dash the entire pass side of the undertray was hacked off and crappy self tapping screws were drilled in to mount it.....lets just say they missed the first few attempts and there are random holes here and there. Oh and I figured I would venture to see what was under the center console and pulled the shift lever right out of the car/trans :roll: Haha I think I'm going with a newer trans anyways.

Maybe you can do this to the engine?

That car is effin cool!!! Very nice!!!

Glad to see pics! I have been excited to see them ever since I heard about it on DirtyImpreza! Glad you are saving it, when the previous caretaker said he was going to prep it for the 24hours of Lemons I wanted to cry!