Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 1200 2dr wagon?

Mazda 1200 2dr wagon?

Any thoughts on the 1968 Mazda 1200 2dr wagon? There is one for sale cheap near me. It is the usual 4x110mm bolt pattern? Any commonality between the later cars? I would assume it needs everything but if 1st gen Rx-7 parts could be adapted might be able get it streetable on a decent budget. Located in western Canada.

Administrator
    It's a rare beast in North America. Buy it!

IF that dave doesn't want it he needs to pass it to this Dave much of the suspension is the same as R100 the interior is half and half they are very rare beasts here in the US and I have had to source many parts for mine from Aus,,,, my problem is i have 2 girls and the wagon is one of their favorites

A very very rare example, as it carries that grille with round lights, according to the then US (and Canada?)regulations.

Buy it mate. Never see any on the road or for sale in California even. Last time I saw one for sale it was from Barbados or somewhere in the Carribean. look for rust especially if its been sitting in canada. If anyone sneezed near it or pissed on the hubcap during its life there will be rust. :wink:

Any more pics? Never seen a 1200 with the round headlights, obviously it has them due to the round headlight laws in the US at the time.

It looks odd compared to the usual rectangle light front, but I like it and think it suits....you should definately buy it, 1200 wagons are rare in general, let alone over there!

Re: Mazda 1200 2dr wagon?

Hey guys, Im the guy that bought the 68 Mazda 1200 Wagon from Canada. Its a pretty cool wagon I also have a 1200 Mazda PU & some other old Mazdas. Im looking for a hood emblem for it, if any body knows where I can find one I'll apreciate the info. I got some parts that Im going to get rid off pretty soon, if any boday needs something just let me know & I'll let you know if I got it.

Parts cars: 75 Mazda REPU, 74 RX2 4door, some RX3 parts.

Nice buy, can you put up some recent pics of it and a bit more info....I'd love to see some more and hear some more as not many other people have these.

I might have a spare of the emblem you're chasing, not sure on over all condition though, are you just after one in general, or a mint one, as even OK ones are hard to find? I can get some photo's for you if you want. I also have a grille in pretty good condition if you need one, I can't tell from that 1 photo above how yours is and whether or not it's out of shape. I also have some spare rectangular headlight surrounds if you wanted to convert yours to the JDM spec front end.

Let me know if you're interested, and also what parts you have.

I tried to load up some pictures but the size of the file is too big to load. I can Email you some if you want. The body is pretty straight some rust on the rocker panels & floor pans other that is pretty clean. The motor is locked up so Im just going to converted to a Rotary wagon. My 71 Mazda 1200 PU is pretty much all original except for the paint since Im going to painted now.

Yes If you got a good grille & a decent looking emblem< I am interested. I got a brand new emblem a wile back for my ute but I need one for this one. If you can send me some pictures of the parts & let me know a price.